When a guy who was once very considerate of you walks away, it's natural to wonder why. There are some signs that may indicate that a guy has lost interest in you. Looking for them can help you be ready for when the relationship is over, allowing you to take care of yourself and move on.
Method 1 of 3: Look for Changes in Communication
Step 1. See if he is contacting you less
This can be one of the first signs of a loss of interest. Generally, you can assume that a guy will contact you if he wants to talk to you, so keep an eye out if he used to call or text you and stopped doing so out of the blue.
He may be very busy, but if this goes on for a long time, it's a sure sign that something is wrong
Step 2. Notice if conversations are shorter
This is related to the decrease in contact. If you notice he's only talking to you for short periods of time, keep an eye out.
For example, if you used to spend hours talking on the phone and are now only talking for about 10 minutes, it might be a sign of loss of interest. He may try to shorten conversations by ignoring your messages and calls, taking too long to answer them, or saying he needs to stop talking without giving a good reason to
Step 3. Notice if his tone of voice has changed
This is a big sign of loss of interest. Some men speak to the people they care about with a softer, more flirtatious tone than usual. When his feelings go away, maybe his tone of voice will change and sound more like the way he normally speaks.
Maybe he's even rude or says nasty things to you. That's a big sign that he's not interested. Besides, you don't deserve to be around someone who treats you badly or says things like that. If he starts talking bad about your looks, the things you do or the way you act, it's time to put an end to this story
Step 4. Listen to what he says
Does he ask important things about you during conversations or does he focus on himself? An interested guy will always try to have deep conversations to really get to know you. Note if he is being superficial or trying to cut the conversation short.
- He may be giving slight signals to show whether or not he is interested. Pay attention to what he says and how he talks to you.
- If the guy starts talking about his relationships with other people, especially if it's in a romantic context, he probably only wants you as a friend.
Method 2 of 3: Look for Changes in His Way of Action
Step 1. Notice if he cancels plans
If he's constantly canceling plans you've made without rescheduling them, take it as a sign that he doesn't want to date you. Maybe he'll stop asking her out too, which is a bad sign.
- If you find yourself the only one suggesting and planning things to do, take a moment and wait to see if he will try to do the same. He'll definitely make plans and ask you out if he's still interested.
- He can make silly excuses for canceling the plans, like saying he can't because he has other things to do without saying what those things are. Be careful if you notice that he is constantly giving this type of response or is distracting when planning something. If he says something like "I made an appointment with someone else" or "I can't go tonight" without giving clear and specific details, it's a bad sign.
Step 2. Observe his behavior towards others
You may have a hard time deciding if he is treating you differently or the same way he treats other friends. Watch how he interacts with his best friends and ask yourself if he treats you the same.
- If the guy is treating you like any other friend, maybe he just wants to be polite and isn't romantically interested.
- Some men have flirtatious personalities, while others reserve flirting only for the people they care about. Try to find out if he's the first type or the second type.
Step 3. Watch his body language
Body language gives good clues to what someone is feeling. When a person is uninterested or uncomfortable in a situation, they will try to move away from you in a subtle way, avoiding physical interactions. Look for signs in his body language that show he's uncomfortable or uninterested when he's around you.
- He might try to move away from you, fold his arms in front of you, or turn around while you're talking. If he also tries to avoid physical contact, such as hugging or touching the arm, he probably won't be interested.
- If his eye contact is short and fickle, he may not be interested in what you're talking about.
- Some of the body language signs that he is not interested are pointing his feet in another direction, scratching his neck, crossing his arms, looking at the floor, or leaning his body away from you.
Step 4. Observe if he breaks physical contacts
Touching causes attraction and demonstrates the intimacy of a relationship. Look for changes in the frequency and type of your physical contacts.
- Maybe you always hug when you see each other, for example. If he's no longer interested in you, maybe he'll stop hugging you or pull away when you try to hug him.
- Even if you are still in physical contact, perhaps the type of contact will change when you are no longer interested. He might touch her arm instead of hugging her, which is an unromantic gesture that men tend to use between friends.
Step 5. See if he pays attention
When guys are interested in someone, they make an effort to remember the things that are important about the other person, such as interests, schedules, and other information. If a guy stops paying attention and trying to remember these things, he probably won't be interested anymore.
- For example, the guy isn't interested if he forgets your birthday even though you've been talking about him for a few weeks.
- If he forgets a lot about the things you talk about, like the fact that your family is coming to visit or that you have an important interview coming up, he's probably not interested in the important things in your life anymore.
Method 3 of 3: Dealing With the Problem
Step 1. Let him talk to you first
Stop taking the initiative when you notice that the boy has lost interest. When it's just you trying to text or call and make plans, it's clear that there's no longer any interest from him.
Try this for a week to see if there is any change. Don't talk to him first and see if he will take the initiative. He can react to this in two ways. The first is to realize that conversations have stopped and to do something to change that, and the second is not to care, which makes it clear to you that he's not interested
Step 2. Ask for advice
Maybe you have mutual friends with the boy. If possible, ask his friends if they can tell if the guy is interested in someone new or is still interested in you.
Likewise, see if he asks you for advice about his romantic relationships with other people. This is a clear sign that there is no interest and that he only sees you as a friend. If he says something like "What am I supposed to do to get that girl's attention?" or "What kind of date should I plan for her?" it will be clear that there is no romantic interest in you
Step 3. Ask him
This is the best way to know if he is still interested in you. Speculating about how he communicates and his behavior or attitudes can help you get a good idea of your feelings, but you'll never be sure before talking to him.
- This can be scary and stressful. Nobody likes the feeling of rejection. Also, you will be putting yourself in a vulnerable position. However, perhaps you are misinterpreting his signals or not noticing signals that are clear to him.
- You can approach the subject directly or indirectly. You might ask "Do you still want us to hang out together or would you rather just be my friend?" This gets right to the problem and allows him to express what he is feeling.
Step 4. Take care of yourself
This is a very important thing, as losing a guy you were interested in can be very sad. It doesn't matter if this guy was your boyfriend, a date or your ex, you will need to take care and be kind to yourself.
Do things that make you happy. You can hang out with friends, prepare your favorite meal, take a walk outside, do a painting or watch a new movie
Step 5. Keep your dignity
Accept with dignity and elegance the possibility that he has lost interest. Keep your distance from him and try not to comment on your frustrations with mutual friends.
It's natural to feel the loss of a relationship and imagine the future you could have had together. After this difficult period, overcome the situation by focusing on the positive aspects of your life
- A guy's feelings can change for a variety of reasons. That doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. However, you need to care more about yourself to get out of this situation gracefully.
- Remember to love yourself and know that you are awesome. Never let the fact that someone else lose interest in you make you feel insecure.
- Don't dwell on what could have happened. These things didn't happen, so it's best to focus on the present and what's to come.
- Try not to hold a grudge. Resentment is not good for you and will not change what happened.