Nutella is a hazelnut cream created in Italy, in 1940, by Pietro Ferrero. It didn't take long for this delight to conquer the whole world. These days, Nutella is an international sensation! It is already delicious in its own right, but there are many different ways to enjoy this wonderful cream.
Method 1 of 4: Using Nutella as a Paste
Step 1. Spread Nutella on a slice of plain white bread
This is probably the easiest and most common way to enjoy this product - with the exception, of course, of eating it straight from the spoon (which is also perfectly acceptable).
- Try passing the cream in a very crunchy baguette.
- Another tip is to toast the bread first.
Step 2. Spread Nutella on top of waffles
A quick internet search will show that this is one of the most popular breakfast recipes. It may not be very healthy, But it's delicious!
Try heating the Nutella in the microwave for a few seconds - don't forget to take it out of the plastic pot first! It's kind of impossible not to like a hot chocolate and hazelnut delight
Step 3. Make miniature Nutella sandwiches
For a quick and tasty snack, spread the cream on two savory biscuits.
- Some people like to combine the cream cracker salt with Nutella's sweet, but you can use any kind of biscuit.
- A very interesting tip is to spread Nutella on wafer cookies. The process is the same as for savory cookies, but the snack will become much more popular - especially for those who love sweets!
Step 4. Spread the Nutella on the bacon
Sweet and salty is the best combination ever.
- Cook the bacon until it is crispy just the way you want it. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the Nutella over low heat.
- With a butter knife, cover the already fried slices with the hazelnut cream. Be careful not to break the bacon.
- Take it to the refrigerator so that the Nutella hardens a little.
- Enjoy yourself!
Method 2 of 4: Nutella and Fruits
Step 1. Prepare a fruit tray with Nutella sauce
This hazelnut cream works very well with this ingredient.
- First, chop several different fruits. How about a mix of bananas, apples and berries.
- Squeeze a little lemon on top to prevent the ingredients from changing color.
- Arrange the pieces of fruit like a ring, leaving a space in the center to place the Nutella pot.
- Add a few tablespoons of Nutella and 240 g of cream cheese and mix well. If you find the result too sour, add a little refined sugar.
- Place this Nutella sauce in a small bowl and place it in the center of the fruit.
Step 2. Make fruit skewers and drizzle the Nutella on top
- First, chop several different fruits.
- Then go picking up the pieces and arranging them on wooden skewers. Vary the fruits well so that the skewers are beautiful.
- Heat some Nutella in a pot over low heat.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula, drizzle the skewers with the cream and serve.
Step 3. Use Nutella as a sauce for grilled pears
The sweetness of the hazelnut cream goes very well with the pears seasoned with a little salt.
- Cut some pears in half lengthwise and season with salt and oil. Avoid oils with a strong flavor, such as olive oil, for example. Prefer neutral or sweeter oils such as coconut oil.
- To cook the pears, use a grill or even a cast iron skillet.
- Leave the heat on medium and cook the fruit for approximately 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the pears from the heat and sprinkle with Nutella.
- Serve immediately.
Method 3 of 4: Baking Nutella
Step 1. Make cookies with Nutella
Use the hazelnut cream to spice up a recipe or, if you wish, prepare these cookies using Nutella, hazelnut extract and cocoa powder.
- In an existing recipe, be aware of the amount of fat added to the dough. The tip is to substitute some of the butter for Nutella. For example, if you want to add 1/4 cup of Nutella to a recipe that calls for 1 cup of butter, reduce that amount to just 3/4 cup of butter.
- Once the dough is well mixed, add another scoop of Nutella and mix it gently.
- Nutella can also be used as a topping on biscuits.
Step 2. Add Nutella to a banana bread recipe
First, spread some of the dough on the bottom of the baking sheet. Then, with a spatula, spread a layer of Nutella and swirl it in an "S" shape. Continue alternating between bread and Nutella. Don't forget about the swirl on each layer.
Step 3. Make brownies with Nutella to leave the dough with a delicious hazelnut taste.
- The tip is to add the Nutella along with the "liquid" ingredients (butter, sugar, eggs) and incorporate well.
- As stated earlier, be aware of the extra amount of fat.
- If you like, leave some Nutella unincorporated - just make swirls as taught above.
Step 4. Have you ever heard of the s'mores?
It is a typical candy from the United States that includes chocolate, biscuits and marshmallows. This version doesn't bake, but it's still delicious.
Swap the chocolate bar for some Nutella. To do this, spread the cream on one side of a sweet biscuit. Then grab another biscuit and spread some melted marshmallow (it can be microwaved anyway). Ready! A great way to enjoy Nutella, isn't it?
Method 4 of 4: Using creativity
Step 1. Prepare a hot chocolate with Nutella
When heating the milk, simply add a spoonful of hazelnut cream and mix well with a wire whisk.
Step 2. Make a hot mix with Nutella
- Chop a banana into slices.
- Take some cream cheese or any other cheese that melts easily.
- Separate two slices of loaf of bread and butter one side of both.
- Then spread the cream cheese on one side of a slice.
- Then spread the Nutella on the other.
- Place bananas between slices of bread.
- On the stove, heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the sandwich inside to brown.
- Cook until hot and crispy.
- Enjoy yourself!
Step 3. Snack on grilled bread, cinnamon and Nutella
- First, heat a skillet over low or medium heat. Spray a little oil on the surface so it doesn't stick to anything.
- Butter a slice of bread.
- Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Cook the bread, butter side up, until the sugar melts.
- Remove the bread from the pan with the help of a spatula. Be careful as it will be very hot.
- If you like, turn and brown the other side quickly. This is optional (it will be a little crispier).
- Remove from heat and spread the Nutella on the same side of the cinnamon. The heat will make the cream melt and penetrate the bread.
- Eat immediately. As the bread is likely to be crispy after cooling, use a fork.
Step 4. How about a Nutella ice cream?
It's simple to do! When preparing the ice cream mass, add the hazelnut cream right after mixing the eggs and sugar.
- Mix thoroughly before adding milk.
- Then follow the instructions on the ice cream maker (if you are using one).
- Another tip is to use Nutella as a topping on sundaes.
- At the supermarket, Nutella can be found in the jam aisle. It's usually close to peanut butter.
- The recipes taught in this article aren't the only ways to eat Nutella; try the cream with anything you like!
- If you are going to serve Nutella to friends, first confirm that none of them are allergic to nuts - especially hazelnuts.
- Nutella is sweet, so brush your teeth after eating it to avoid any problems with cavities.