Many people don't know, but there are many healthy and natural ways to lighten your skin without having to go through the side effects of certain makeup products. For starters, you can apply sunscreen, cover your skin from the sun and not tan, and use darker colors or even dye your hair a denser shade to increase the contrast between your skin and the rest of your look. Finally, if you want to go a step further, use natural masks made with ingredients like lemon, honey and lemon. Finally, remember that all skin tones are beautiful; however, there are some ways to intensify and increase the paleness of the dermis without having to resort to industrialized products.
Method 1 of 3: Using Natural Products to Lighten Your Skin Color
Step 1. Apply lemon juice to the skin
Lemon is one of the most popular and effective ingredients to lighten and clean certain surfaces. Many use it to lighten their hair, but it also works on the skin.
- To prepare juice, squeeze several lemons into a small bowl. To prepare your skin, wash your face and other parts of your body that you want to lighten with a gentle scrub. Apply juice to desired regions with a large, clean brush or sheet of paper towels.
- Let the lemon juice work on your skin for 20 minutes; then rinse it with cold water.
- If you want to optimize the process, sleep with lemon juice on your skin and rinse the area in the morning.
Step 2. Make a tomato mask
Tomato is another natural lightening agent that brings several other benefits, such as reducing oil production - which limits the appearance of blackheads and pimples.
- To make the mask, mash a tomato in a large bowl until the liquid pulp remains; then add the juice of a lemon and stir everything. Wash your face and/or body with a gentle scrub and dry right away. Then use a confectionery brush or a sheet of paper towel to apply a layer of the solution to the skin.
- Wait a few minutes while the solution dries, then apply another layer of the pulp. Let it act for 20 minutes and, finally, rinse with cold water.
- Since tomatoes are a relatively mild ingredient, you can use the mask several times a week.
Step 3. Wear a milk mask
This mask is another gentle, healthy option that can also lighten the skin if used a few times a week. Before applying the product, wash your face with an exfoliant and dry with a towel.
- Apply the milk to the face and other parts of the body by tapping. Massage it until it's dry; then rinse with cold water.
- To optimize the effect of the mask, mash some potatoes into a puree (with a food processor or something). Then add it to the milk in the respective proportions of 1:2 and apply.
- Use unsweetened milk.
Step 4. Spread a paste of honey and cinnamon on the skin
These two ingredients are also excellent. Although the paste is sticky, it gives the skin a healthy, luminous glow as it removes dead skin cells and has a moisturizing effect.
- To make the paste, mix together a teaspoon (5 ml) of cinnamon powder and a tablespoon (15 ml) of honey. Then spread it on your face and let it work for about 20 minutes. Then rinse the area off with water or a gentle scrub.
- You can also add a dash of nutmeg to the mix to exfoliate your skin.
Step 5. Get more vitamin C
Vitamin C has several benefits, such as lightening the skin and keeping it healthy. In addition, it fights free radicals that can age and darken skin pigmentation, as well as helping to remove dead skin cells and replace them with lighter, brighter cells.
- Consume foods rich in vitamin C such as strawberries, tomatoes, cantaloupe, peas and peppers.
- Ingesting more vitamin C on a daily basis doesn't have as big an impact on the skin as using the masks of the previous methods, but it will still make a difference and can bring other health benefits.
Step 6. Drink plenty of water
Water helps to make your skin clean and brighter. In addition, it can rejuvenate the tanned dermis, accelerating the natural fading process. Try to drink at least two liters of fluid a day to stay radiant and healthy.
Method 2 of 3: Protecting and Cleaning the Skin
Step 1. Limit your time in the sun
The best way to look paler is also the most intuitive: spend less time in sunlight to protect your skin and not tan. Still, you don't need to lock yourself in the house on sunny days; just stay more in the shadows or wear protective clothing and accessories such as sunglasses, a hat and parasol.
Don't avoid the sun altogether. The sun's rays are a vital source of vitamin D, which has many essential health benefits. Ten minutes (with sunscreen) is enough to ingest the right dose of the nutrient
Step 2. Apply sunscreen every day
In addition to avoiding direct sunbathing, you have to use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher - preferably with a formula that contains titanium dioxide and zinc, which block UVA and UVB rays directly and start to act as soon as they come into contact. with the skin. Since the protectors are white in color, you can also get paler just by putting them on.
- Apply sunscreen to your face and parts of your body that are exposed every day. If you're going swimming, buy something waterproof.
- When in the sun's rays, reapply the sunscreen every two hours.
- To apply the shield, use a large drop for the face and other parts of the body. Rub it into the skin to get the desired effect.
Step 3. Wash and exfoliate your skin regularly
Washing your face in the morning and before bed are other important steps to make your skin pale and luminous. If you get into this habit, it will remove oils and dirt from your skin and thus make the entire region lighter and more radiant.
- Try using an exfoliant with aloe vera or lemon extract, which have cleansing properties.
- Exfoliate your skin with a textured cloth or sponge at least once a week. Use gentle circular motions to remove excess dead, dry skin cells from the area. Just don't overdo it, or you may end up getting the opposite effect.
- Moisturize your skin every time you wash it. Use a pure moisturizer without too many chemicals.
- Apply sunscreen after moisturizer or use something that combines the two effects and has an SPF 30 or higher.
Step 4. Don't smoke
Cigarettes not only have negative health effects, but they can also change the appearance of the skin drastically. Smoking causes premature aging, as well as skin rashes and a yellowing caused by the loss of natural "shine". Eliminate or at least reduce the habit.
Method 3 of 3: Increasing the Contrast
Step 1. Wear dark clothing
This is a pretty easy way to look paler naturally. Dark garments create contrast to the skin, making it appear lighter in a dramatic way.
Step 2. Dye your hair a dark shade
If you want to drastically lighten your skin, paint the strands dark brown or black or even purple. Since hair shapes the face, darker shades are great for getting the effect you want.
Step 3. Wear dark contact lenses
Everyone knows that putting on black or brown eyeliner helps emphasize the contrast between skin and eyes. Still, if you don't like to wear makeup, you can use some lens. If you have blue eyes, mask them with brown lenses to increase this contrast.
- Don't try to make your skin paler just because of social pressure. There are many forms of beauty and no one is forced to change their skin color to fit some pattern.
- There are numerous natural ingredients that have lightening properties. Aloe vera (aloe), unsweetened yogurt, egg whites and papaya are some examples.