Read the following article to learn how to permanently delete an Amazon account. This cannot be done through the mobile app.
Step 1. Sign in to Amazon
If you are already logged in to your account, your name will be displayed in the upper right corner of the home page (“Hello, [your name]”).
If you need to login, place your mouse pointer over “Accounts and Lists” and click on “Login”. Enter email, password, and select “Login”
Step 2. You cannot have any pending orders or transactions
When the user is about to receive an item or is pending payment, this must be resolved before closing the Amazon account.
Cancel orders by clicking "Orders" in the upper right corner of the Amazon homepage. Select the "Open Orders" tab, "Cancel Items" to the right of the product, and ending with "Cancel Selected Items" in the right corner of the screen
Step 3. In the lower right corner of the screen, there is a section called “Let us help you”; there, select “Service”
Step 4. At the bottom of the screen is the Navigate Help Pages section
Hover your mouse pointer over the last option (“Need More Help?”).
Step 5. Click on “Contact Us” in the menu on the right
She is the first in the “Need More Help?” section.
Step 6. In the menu “1 – How Can We Help You?
”, click Something else?, which is the last option from left to right.
Step 7. In the middle of the screen, find the section “2 - Tell us more about your problem”
There will be a drop-down selection box labeled Select a subject; click the checkbox.
Step 8. From the options shown, choose Account Settings, which is the second alternative
Step 9. Click on the second checkbox that will appear, just below the first, labeled Choose a specific subject
Click on it to display another dropdown menu.
Step 10. Choose Close My Account
A third section will be shown below (“3 - How would you like the contact to be made?”); in it, you can choose two contact options:
Step 11. Click on one of the two contact options
Depending on the alternative, the next steps will be different:
- Email: enter a reason for deleting the account and click Send email under the text box;
- Phone: Enter the phone number in the “Your Number” field and click Call Now.
Step 12. Wait for the account to be deleted
It will close within the period indicated by the Amazon representative who contacts you.
- Once you delete your existing Amazon account, you can make another one using the same information.
- Before closing the account connected to Amazon, check your bank information. The outstanding credit will be sent to her, if it is valid.
- If you publish works on Kindle, please download and save Kindle content before closing your account. There will be no way to access the content after deleting it.
- There is no way to delete the Amazon account via "Account Settings".
- After you delete the account, it cannot be accessed by you and any of the parties affiliated with Amazon, such as "Amazon Services", "Amazon Associates", and others. If you want to use Amazon later, you will need to create a new profile.