Soaking jelly bears in vodka adds an adult touch to a popular snack! You can also use other jelly candies, such as worm shaped ones. As with people, expect the teddy bears to swell up a little as they soak up the vodka. Also expect them to have a hangover like that the next day.
2 to 4
- 1 packet of jelly candy in the shape of a teddy bear;
Step 1. Place the teddy bears in a glass bowl
Step 2. Add just enough vodka to completely cover the teddies inside the bowl
Step 3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate
Leave the teddy bears to steep for two days.
Step 4. Try one of them on the second day and decide if you have enough taste of vodka
If not, leave it for another day.
Step 5. Remove the teddy bears from the bowl with a hollow spatula, if necessary
They will have absorbed most if not all of the vodka.
Step 6. Serve immediately
If there's vodka left, you can drink it normally, but it won't have a good quality for making drinks.
- Depending on the brand of jelly candy, it may be necessary to shake the bowl of teddy bears from time to time to prevent them from sticking too tightly together.
- Keep the teddy bears in the fridge if you don't serve them right away. Keep them covered to prevent the smell of the fridge from spoiling the party.
- You can use flavored vodka to create a variation on this recipe. Citrus flavored vodka, for example, works well with this infusion.
- Teddy bears soaked in vodka will have a quick effect on your system. They have a high alcohol content. Be aware of this.
- For obvious reasons, this is not a candy for kids. Keep teddy bears out of reach of minors.