Jagermeister is an original liqueur from Germany. You are probably already aware of its fame as a potent drink in the form of the "Jager Bomb", but there are other ways to drink this liquor as well. Whether neat or as part of various cocktails, Jagermeister is more versatile than you might think.
Method 1 of 2: Drinking pure Jagermeister
Step 1. Allow the Jagermeister to freeze before drinking
This liquor is best when it is cold. Store the Jagermeister in the freezer and drink it in a chilled glass, preferably. The normal level of the freezer is enough, no need to move.
Step 2. Take it slowly to enjoy the flavor
Jagermeister is made up of 56 different ingredients. This means that it has a variety of flavors, from bitter to sweet. The flavor is strong, so drink slowly to enjoy all the liquor has to offer.
Step 3. Drink during dinner
Jager has a distinct flavor, similar to black licorice caramels, meaning it is quite strong if taken straight. If you need help taking it, accompanying the Jagermeister with food is a good idea.
Method 2 of 2: Making Cocktails with the Jagermeister
Step 1. Put a scoop of ice cream in a glass with soda and Jagermeister to make the black cow more refreshing and stimulating
Even though this drink is very juvenile, its flavors speak for themselves. Make a more adult black cow by mixing soda with the liquor and adding ice cream.
- If you have children, make some non-alcoholic cups too so they can accompany you.
- The recipe “The Inside Scoop” also uses ice cream. Make it using the following ingredients: yellow Chartreuse liqueur (drop a little into the glass and tilt it several times to cover the inside), ice cream and root beer.
Step 2. Mix it with any soda to drink and relax
Even though it doesn't taste so good without the ice cream, you can mix Jager with just a soda if you want a more casual drink, to sit, watch TV and relax. Grab a glass and fill ¼ of it with Jager. The rest is up to the soda you choose. Just don't forget that there's alcohol in that mix and overdo it!
Tonic water also goes well in this mixture
Step 3. Swap the soda for a juice if you want to make a different relaxing drink
You can mix Jagermeister with other sweet drinks to make the flavor more delicious for your palate. Things like pineapple juice, apple juice and lemonade are good choices. As in the soda version, add ¼ of the Jager cup and the rest of juice.
- The “Oh' Deer” recipe uses apple juice. To make it, you'll need Jagermeister, elderflower tea, apple and rosemary juice, and lime to garnish.
- The “Jagermeister Fresh Orange” takes orange juice. To do this you will need: Jagermeister, crushed ice, orange peel and, of course, orange juice.
- The drink “Stag Punch” has lemonade. You'll need Jagermeister, Amaretto, Chambord liqueur, red wine, lemon juice, some grenadine, strawberries, lemonade, and orange and lemon slices to garnish.
Step 4. Put some Jager in the beer for a special touch
This technique is simple and looks great! It is also a good way to enjoy Jagermeister with friends. Any beer is worth it. Put only ¼ cup of Jager.
Step 5. Add some syrup to make the liqueur taste smoother
This is another way to make the Jagermeister taste more contained for those who find it bitter or too strong. A classic syrup will do, but you can use specific flavors like raspberry or vanilla. Add as much syrup as you like until it tastes the way you like it.
Step 6. Mix the Jagermeister with vodka if you want something fancy
It's almost like making a martini with basic Jagermeister. This is an easy way to add class to this liqueur.
The “Widow Maker” recipe is very easy to make. Use the following ingredients: Jagermeister, vodka, Kahlua and grenadine
Step 7. Mix Jagermeister with condiments if you want to dare
Yes, that's what you read, "condiments" like ketchup, mustard and even horseradish. Don't be afraid to experiment! You might think it's going to be gross, but if you do it right, this mix could become one of your favorite drinks.
- “Mast Have” is a recipe that uses ketchup and mustard. Use the following ingredients: Jagermeister, whiskey, apricot juice, lime juice, ketchup, mustard, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- The “Jager Mary” takes horseradish and pepper sauce. Here's the list of ingredients: Jagermeister, lemon juice, gum syrup, a pinch of salt, pepper, paprika, some Tabasco sauce, Mediterranean herb mix, horseradish, celery stalks, tomato juice and tomatoes- Cherry.