Corona is a pilsen beer made by the Mexican brewery Modelo. It is one of the best-selling beers in the world and is available in over 150 countries. In many places it is served with a traditional slice of lemon. However, there are several other ways to prepare it for drinking. In addition, it is possible to drink it naturally or create a new drink by adding several different ingredients to enhance the natural flavor of the barley.
Method 1 of 2: Enjoying the Corona the Traditional Way
Step 1. Place the Corona to freeze in the freezer, refrigerator or cooler
Depending on the method and the initial temperature of the beer, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours to cool down. Decide which method to use so you know how long it will take to drink your first beer.
- Be careful not to leave the beer in the freezer for more than 30 minutes as it may burst.
- The quickest method to chill beer is using an insulated cooler with ice water (heat transfer occurs faster this way). If you plan to use this method, let the ice stabilize for an hour or more. As soon as it melts a little, put the beers inside the box.
Step 2. Remove a Corona from the location where it is being cooled
Then use an opener to open the bottle, as all Corona bottles are opened this way. Drink the Corona with salt and lemon. Apply a little sea salt or other salty seasoning of your choice to the neck of the bottle. Then place a slice of lemon on the neck and squeeze the juice into the bottle. Once that's done, push the lemon into the bottle to make the beer even tastier.
To mix the drink better, try closing the bottle with your thumb and then slowly turning it upside down a few times. However, be careful as rotating it at an accelerated pace will cause it to release gas and burst
Step 3. Make the drink and enjoy the Corona, but always drink responsibly
Method 2 of 2: Enjoying a Corona Drink
Step 1. Cool the Corona
The first Step of Method 1 of this article is a good reference for quickly chilling beer. This will be needed to make all Corona drinks.
Step 2. Make a drink with the beer
Add half a bottle of Corona with one or more of the following ingredients to a blender or glass: lemon, Tabasco sauce, spicy tomato juice, salt or pepper. These ingredients are the most suitable for Corona, in addition to the combination of lemon and salt. Additionally, these aromatic elements greatly improve the beer's flavor and can be fun to experiment with.
- If you're just adding one or two ingredients, skip the blender part and pour them directly into the beer bottle.
- Experiment with the ingredients to ensure they have a flavor you'll enjoy. Do this by tasting each ingredient mixed with Corona in a serving cup.
- If the beer heats up in the process, place some ice cubes with the ingredients in a blender or glass.
Step 3. Make the “Red Corona” drink
Add a shot of vodka, a teaspoon of gooseberry syrup, and a wedge of lemon to a 7/8 bottle of beer.
- Remember that a good way to mix your drink is by placing your thumb on the neck of the beer and slowly turning it upside down a few times. Be careful as turning the beer at a fast pace will cause it to release gas and burst.
- If you have trouble mixing these ingredients in the beer bottle, try putting them in a blender or glass.
Step 4. Make a “Mexican Bulldog Margarita”
Add 30ml of tequila, 200ml to 300ml of margarita mix and 8 to 10 ice cubes in a blender. Then mix the ingredients together until you form a homogeneous mixture. Pour the mixture into a 500ml (or larger) glass and place an upside-down bottle of Corona in the drink.
Make sure the width of the rim of the glass is wide enough to support a bottle of Corona without tipping over. If all available cups are small, try using a Coronita (the smaller Corona)
Step 5. Drink the Corona drink
Whatever you decide to mix with Corona will be delicious. However, don't forget to add a lemon and salt garnish if you haven't already done so.
- All recipes cited here refer to Corona in "bottle", but it is possible to use it in a can, if that is the only option available. However, the bottle is usually easier to mix.
- It is preferable to use "Extra" Corona instead of "Light".
- Try to drink cold Corona beer. Drinking it hot can cause nausea and indigestion. In addition, that way you won't be able to experience the full flavor of it either.
- To keep Corona beer cool as you drink it, invest in a beer cooler that allows you to place the open bottle inside. This type of cooler helps keep beer bottles cooler for longer.
- Drink alcoholic beverages in moderation and responsibility.
- When refrigerating the Corona in the freezer, be sure to check it for more than 30 minutes. If it bursts there will be a lot of mess to clean up.