Waffle is a super-popular breakfast option and, besides, it's delicious! No wonder it's Stranger Things' Eleven's favorite dish, is it? But, even if you can buy it frozen in any market, homemade is much better, whether in a box or your favorite recipe. It may seem difficult to use the machine to do it, but once you get the hang of it, you'll find it's no mystery!
Method 1 of 3: Making the Waffles
Step 1. Prepare your favorite recipe
You can make it from scratch or buy a ready-made mixture, as you like. Don't beat them too much, as the idea is to keep some pellets, so that the waffles don't get chewy.
- To prevent it from sticking, add a little oil or melted butter to the dough.
- If you want a little more flavor, add a little cinnamon, vanilla or almond essence. For a spicy touch, add a dash of chili pepper.
Step 2. Preheat the machine
Place it on a flat, heat-resistant surface and turn it on. If it has temperature control, select the one you like.
Some models have indicator lights and it's good to pay close attention to them: when they light up or change color, it means the machine is ready to make the waffles
Step 3. If necessary, grease the machine plates
You can use a cooking spray, melted butter or even oil. This way, the dough does not stick and is much easier to clean. But if your model is non-stick, skip this step.
Step 4. Pour the dough into a spiral
Take about ¾ cup of it and place it in the machine in a spiraling motion, going from the outside to the inside. If yours has lights, wait until they change color or go out, depending on the model, before adding the dough.
If the dough leaks, don't worry! Just use less next time
Step 5. Close the lid and let the dough bake
During the process, you will see steam coming out of the machine. Before opening it to see if the waffles are ready, wait until it has stopped coming out. This usually takes about five minutes, but the time varies for each model. Never open the machine while the waffles are baking as they will break.
- If the machine has lights, wait until they change color or go out (depending on the model).
- But if you don't have it, take a look at the space between the two plates: when the waffles look like cake, it means they're ready.
Step 6. Remove the waffles with the help of a plastic, silicone or rubber utensil
It can be a fork, a knife or a spatula, but it is important that they are made of one of the materials we have mentioned. Never use anything made of metal, so as not to scratch the surface.
Step 7. Close the lid and serve these waffle delights
Spend a little butter, pour a lot of syrup and devour them. If dough is left over, make it all and store the waffles in the fridge.
Step 8. Before cleaning the machine, allow it to cool completely
First, wipe the plates with a soft cloth or damp paper towel, and if there are any crumbs, brush them off with a soft brush. Did the dough stick? Remove with a rubber spatula. To deal with stubborn dirt, cover it with cooking oil, let it sit for five minutes, and wipe it off with a soft cloth.
- Do not use steel wool or the green part of the sponge on the plates.
- Avoid using soap unless the instructions say you can.
- If the plates are removable, you can immerse them in water. Only use soap if the instructions say that everything is fine.
Step 9. Before storing the machine, allow it to dry completely
If it's soiled with dough on the outside too, wipe it off with a damp cloth.
Method 2 of 3: Using Other Masses
Step 1. Try other types of dough, such as brownie dough
Make the one you prefer and pour it into the machine, already greased. Then close the lid and roast until no more steam comes out. If you want a crunchy touch, leave a few more seconds.
- You might end up making a mess in the process. To help, place a baking sheet under the machine in case the dough runs out.
- You can also use this technique to make other delicious recipes, such as brownies, banana bread, carrot cake, donuts and even muffins!
- Make the donuts more donut-like by frosting with sugar or ganache.
Step 2. Are you crazy for a candy?
Make cookies in the blink of an eye! Just make your favorite recipe, refrigerate for thirty minutes and place the dough in the waffle maker. Then close it and let it bake for about five minutes.
You can make cinnamon rolls that way. They are ready in about four minutes
Step 3. To make an omelet or a frittata, replace the batter with eggs
Beat 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons of milk and pour into waffle maker. Close it and let it cook until it reaches an omelet point.
If you want the omelet to taste even better, chop a little onion, pepper or mushrooms
Step 4. Make rosti potatoes
To do this, grate the potatoes in a food processor or a common grater and transfer them to the waffle maker, already greased with melted butter. Then just close the lid and cook for fifteen minutes.
- Replace the potato with another tuber, such as sweet potatoes or yams.
- Make fried zucchini dumplings in just three minutes!
Step 5. make falafel in the waffle maker.
Start by making the dough normally and then grease the machine with a cooking spray. Pour the batter onto the plates and cover, letting it bake for about five to ten minutes, or until golden and browned inside.
If you want to put the falafel in a pita, the ideal is to use a round machine
Method 3 of 3: Making Solid Dishes
Step 1. Make a grilled cheese sandwich
To start, grease the machine with a cooking spray and assemble the snack. Start with bread, followed by cheese, and finally another slice of bread. Close the lid of the machine and wait for the cheese to melt.
Make the sandwich even more crunchy and flavorful by putting a layer of mayonnaise on the outside of the bread
Step 2. Make quesadillas.
First, grease the machine with a cooking spray and place the tortillas on the bottom plate. Then top with grated cheese and other fillings of your choice. Finally, cover with another tortilla and close the lid, roasting until the cheese melts, which should take about three minutes.
Step 3. Make fruit, too
Cut larger ones, such as pineapples and apples, into very thick slices. Others, such as peaches and apricots, must be cut in half and pitted. If you want, you can also use pears, figs and plantains.
Most fruits are ready in five minutes
Step 4. If you want a quick snack, make sliced vegetables
Cut them into one-finger-thick slices, season with oil and salt and leave in the waffle maker for about five minutes.
- Vegetables like eggplant, squash and zucchini are perfect for this recipe.
- Portobello mushrooms are perfect, especially for making veggie burgers.
Step 5. make pizza!
Prepare the dough and open it on the plates of the machine, closing the lid and letting it bake for about three minutes. Then turn the pizza over and bake at the same time. Finally, add the sauce, cheese and your favorite stuffing, leaving the lid open until the cheese melts.
- If you want to make a lot of waffles, put them in the warm oven (at the lowest possible temperature) and leave them there until serving time.
- If you have waffles left, freeze them. Didn't use all the dough? Don't throw it away! Finish making it, then wrap the waffles in wax paper, put them in sachets, and store in the freezer.
- Be careful not to overfill the machine. Always use less than you think is necessary.
- If you're making cookies or brownies on the machine, don't open it ahead of time.
- Avoid using metallic or abrasive objects on the internal plates.
- Never immerse the waffle maker in water. If plates are removable, remove them first.
- Don't touch its metallic details while it's hot.
- Do not touch the internal plates.