With a square piece of paper, and a little patience, you can make a three-dimensional ball or cube that you can inflate to form a small balloon. You can even fill it with water and make a water pump!
Part 1 of 2: Creating the Tabs
Step 1. Fold a square piece of paper diagonally in both directions.
The folds should make an "X" on the paper.
Feel free to add a design to the paper to appear once the paper is folded
Step 2. Fold the paper in half
Do this by bringing the bottom of the paper up to meet the top of the paper.
Step 3. Bring the upper right corner in as shown in the image
Then repeat this procedure with the other side. Firmly press the folds.
Step 4. Fold the tabs towards the top
Then turn the paper over and repeat the same steps on the other side to make a diamond shape.
Part 2 of 2: Tucking the tabs into the folds
Step 1. Fold the left and right corners to the center of the diamond
Repeat this procedure with the other side.
Step 2. Insert the loose tabs into the folds you just made
Do this by folding a small triangle on each of the flaps; then place them in the folds. Repeat this procedure for all four tabs.
- If you have difficulty with this step, use masking tape to secure the triangles to the creases.
- You can also use a pencil to open the folds easily and to avoid damaging the flaps.
Step 3. Turn the folded paper over to the edge that has no tabs
Locate the hole in the center of that side.
Step 4. Blow into this holeThe balloon must inflate.
- You may need to loosen the other folds a little so that the balloon is round.
- To make a water balloon, slowly fill the balloon with water through the small hole.
- If you can't make a good balloon on your first few attempts, don't worry. Just take a new role and start over.
- In the end, the tabs don't have to fit completely into the edges of the paper. It will work even if they are just more or less fitting.
- Cuts to the skin made by the paper can occur.
- When fighting water balloons, be careful not to hit someone in the face. It can hurt.