The white Adidas Superstar sneaker goes with everything and can make any look cooler. However, keeping it clean and white can be a difficult task. For your pair to stand out, you'll need to invest a little effort to make it white and shiny.
Method 1 of 3: Preventing Discoloration
Step 1. Before using the Superstar, pre-treat it with waterproofing to protect it from moisture and stains
Spray the product evenly over the surface of the shoe. Then press a soft towel against it to remove excess waterproofing and let it dry overnight. After the product dries, apply a second coat. In this way, it will be possible to prevent moisture and most stains from damaging the shoe.
- Purchase the waterproofing product at shoe stores.
- Reapply the waterproofer every two weeks in the same way as you would winter boots.
Step 2. Be careful not to get your shoe dirty, keeping it away from dirt and mud
Avoid using it for running on grass as grass stains can be very difficult to remove. Also, be very careful when eating to prevent food or liquid from getting onto your shoes.
Avoiding color loss is the best way to keep your shoes white
Step 3. At any time, the shoe will inevitably become dusty
Therefore, periodically tap the soles of shoes together to loosen dust particles. If you let them penetrate the fabric, then it will be harder to remove them.
- Hit the shoes only with the soles, because hitting them in any other way could scratch them.
- Avoid hitting the shoe too hard as this could damage it.
Step 4. Clean stains from rubberized parts of shoes
When a rubber part of your shoe becomes stained, immediately use a magic sponge to clean it. Moisten the sponge and squeeze out excess water. Then rub it gently over the stains located on the front and sole of each shoe.
Be careful not to smudge the stain
Step 5. Clean stains from the fabric parts of the sneaker
If you notice a streak or stain on the fabric of one of the shoes, try to clean it quickly using gentle circular movements with handkerchiefs to clean shoes.
- Gently clean your shoe to avoid scratching it.
- Shoe-cleaning wipes can be replaced by wet wipes.
Method 2 of 3: Cleaning Superstar Tennis
Step 1. Remove and wash your shoe laces
Fill the sink about halfway with water, get some soap, and rub each of the shoelaces. Be careful, cleaning up as much dirt as you can. Then rinse them in water, removing the remaining soap. Finally, wrap a dry cloth tightly around a shoelace and pull it along the length to dry it. Repeat this process to dry the other shoelace.
- It is also possible to wash the shoelaces in the washing machine. However, first put them in a pillowcase and wash them in the normal wash cycle.
- Over time, it will be necessary to buy new laces, as the old ones will start to fray after a few washings. Fortunately, this way it's possible to make the shoe instantly whiter.
- You can also use an iron to dry and iron the shoelaces.
Step 2. Make a cleaning solution by pouring a few drops of detergent into a glass of water
Avoid using more than a teaspoon of detergent. Then set aside the mixture for a few minutes.
Never use bleach to clean your sneakers as the white will turn yellow
Step 3. Apply cleaning solution to a shoe brush and rub the shoe in a circular motion
Use the mixture until it starts to foam. In addition, you can also use a toothbrush to clean soft fabric and hard-to-reach parts.
- Be careful not to rub the shoe too hard as this could scratch it.
- Clean your shoe only with soft bristle brushes, as the hard ones can damage it.
Step 4. Use a soft, clean cloth to remove the foam and dry the shoe
Also place some sheets of dryer fabric inside the shoes to absorb any remaining moisture. Then let them dry naturally for a while, which could take about a day. Also, try to change the fabric softener sheets every two hours to speed up the drying process.
- Do not use a hair dryer or any other heat source to dry your shoes, as too much heat can damage them.
- The sheet softener will also remove the bad smell from the sneakers and leave a refreshing scent.
Method 3 of 3: Keeping Your Sneakers
Step 1. Wait until the shoe is completely dry before putting it away
Dust will stick more easily if it's still wet. In addition, moisture can also weaken the fibers in the shoe, causing it to become weaker and lose its shape.
Step 2. Keep the shoe in the box
Avoid leaving it outdoors, as that way people may step on it or even spill things on it. Also, try to keep it in the box until you use it again.
If your pair of sneakers doesn't have a box, you can store them in a shoe rack that's out of people's reach
Step 3. Store your shoes in a cool, airy place as heat can cause discoloration of white shoes
If possible, try to store it in a shoe rack to keep it as far away from light bulbs as possible.
Step 4. Keep your shoe out of the sun as too much sunlight can make it yellow
However, if you intend to use it for sightseeing, some sun is inevitable, but never leave it in direct sunlight.
- If you have to take off your sneakers to swim, try to store them in a protected closet. If this is not possible, try to leave it at least under a chair or table.
- If you are going to be attending an all-day event in an off-site location, it is advisable to wear a different pair of sneakers.
- Always be careful with shoes as deep scratches can be very difficult to remove.
- Don't be in a hurry when cleaning your shoe or you could rub it too hard and damage it.
- Don't use the Adidas Superstar to run. This is the fastest way to discolor and ruin your sneaker.
- Be careful when using sneakers around children as they can be messy. Also, avoid using it if you have to take care of them.