Astral projection is an out-of-body experience in which the astral body leaves the physical field and travels through the astral plane. People usually go through this experience when they are sick or in situations close to death, but it is also possible to do it by their own will. This article provides instructions on how to get started.
Method 1 of 3: Preparing for Astral Projection
Step 1. Start in the morning
Instead of trying at night before bed, start in the early hours of the day, when the feeling of sleep is still strong. Some say that it is easier to achieve the state of relaxation and expanded awareness needed during the night, but it is possible at any time of day and there is no rule about it. This is a personal preference. Only practice the trip when you feel more willing to do it.
Step 2. Create the right atmosphere
Astral projection requires a state of deep relaxation, so it should be done in a part of the house where you feel completely at ease. Lie down on your bed or sofa and relax your body and mind.
- It's easier to project without anyone around. Choose a room other than the bedroom, at least if you owe it to a partner. The best time to do this is when the house is empty and you are sure that no one will enter the room during the trip.
- Close the curtains and eliminate distracting noises. Any kind of interruption can disturb the state of relaxation needed to succeed.
Step 3. Lie down and relax
Lie on your back in the chosen room. Close your eyes and try to clear your mind of distracting thoughts. Focus on your body and how you feel. The goal is to reach a state of complete mental and physical relaxation.
- Flex your muscles and then release them. Start with your toes and work your way up your body gradually towards your head. Every muscle should be completely relaxed when you're done.
- Breathe in deeply and exhale fully. Don't get tense in your shoulders and chest. Relax.
- Focus on breathing. Don't be carried away by thoughts of external concerns, nor think of the soul leaving the body. Simply go into deep relaxation.
- It can be helpful to use a quartz crystal to increase and accelerate vibrations during brewing. Gently hold a crystal over the third eye (just above the center of the eyebrows) with your eyes closed, taking a deep breath. Feel the vibrations and head clearing; you can visualize gold, white, purple or whatever color you prefer. During meditation and projection. You can hold the crystal in your hand or place it on your chest or abdomen. The crystal will give you power and protect you with the high vibrations; negative energies have low vibrations.
Method 2 of 3: Moving the soul out of the body
Step 1. Reach a hypnotic state
Let your mind and body come close to sleep, but don't lose consciousness. Reaching the threshold between sleep and waking, or hypnotic state, is necessary to achieve the projection. Reach this state using the following method:
- With your eyes closed, let your mind wander to a part of your body, such as your hand, foot, or one of your fingers.
- Focus on that part of your body until you can see it perfectly, even with your eyes closed. Keep concentrating until other thoughts disappear.
- Use your mind to flex this part of your body, but don't do it physically. Visualize your toes or fingers opening and closing until they appear to be physically moving.
- Expand the focus to the rest of the body. Move your legs, arms and head using only your mind. Hold your focus steadily until you can move your entire body through your awareness.
Step 2. Enter vibration state
Many say they feel the vibrations, which come in waves of different frequencies, as the soul prepares to leave the body. Don't be afraid of vibrations, as fear can bring you out of the meditative state. Give in to the vibrations so that the soul prepares to leave the body.
Step 3. Use the mind to move the soul out of the body
Imagine the room you are in. Mentally move your body outward and stand up straight. Look around. Get out of bed and walk around the room, turn around and look at the body on the bed.
- The out-of-body experience will be successful if you feel that you are looking at your body across the room and that your consciousness is separate from it.
- For some people, it takes a lot of practice to get to this state; for others, it's as natural as breathing. In any case, it is possible for anyone who wants to and practice enough. Try to remove one leg or arm from your body first if you are having difficulty moving your entire body out. Keep practicing until you can walk around the room.
Step 4. Return to the body
The soul is linked to the body by an invisible force, called by some the "silver cord". Let this force guide you toward your body. As you return, move your fingers and toes physically. Get back to consciousness.
Method 3 of 3: Exploring the Astral Plane
Step 1. Confirm that you are projecting the soul out of the body
Once you have mastered the technique of projecting the soul out of the body into the same room, you should confirm that you were on two separate planes.
- The next time you go on astral travel, do not turn to look at the body. Instead, leave the room and walk around the house.
- Examine some object from another room, something you've never physically noticed. Make a mental note of the color, shape and size, paying attention to as much detail as possible.
- Go back to the body. Go to that room physically. Reexamine the object you saw during the projection. Can you confirm the details you wrote down when you explored the object with your mind?
Step 2. Go further
During the next astral projections, go to places that are less and less familiar. On each occasion, write down details you never saw. After each session, check physically. After a few trips, you will have enough experience to travel to places you have never visited in your life, knowing you are on an astral journey.
Step 3. Go back to the body
Some people say that astral projection is dangerous, especially when one has enough practice to explore unknown places, but this is not necessarily true. These people do not understand projection and are afraid of not protecting themselves enough; as long as you ask for protection in your own way, it will be a good experience. Before projecting yourself, it is interesting to imagine that you are bathing in a clear white light. Imagine a cloud around or inside you. This will protect you from other forms of negative energy.
- There's a lot to explore, but know that nothing bad will happen to you as long as you don't think anything will happen. The thrill of an out-of-body experience causes some people to spend more time out of the body, and some say this weakens the silver cord, but it cannot be weakened. It's made of pure energy and it can't be eliminated or removed, just moved from one place to another, so don't worry. Projection is natural, powerful and therapeutic.
- The silver cord cannot be broken, but it is said that the soul may be delayed in returning to the body if you expend too much energy outside of it. Still, the body and soul are so inextricably linked that it returns normally when it's time.
- There are also those who say that demons can inhabit the body while the soul is projected. Protect your body by blessing the room with prayer before you begin, in case you're afraid it will happen. It's just a rumor, but just asking for protection and saying a prayer is already protected and nothing bad will happen.
- The soul can interact with other astral projections. Try this with a friend who has the same experience as you. They say astral sex is out of this world, but remember to get back into the body!
- It is possible to heal people during astral travel; this is a very powerful form of distance healing. Visualize the person who is sick, perhaps lying in bed. It does not matter whether the person is physically in bed or not, time and distance become irrelevant on the astral plane. Always ask for protection, healing power and guidance from the entity you believe in and see this in the form of light. You can do it while traveling, however and whenever you want. See the light in your hands, as strong and white as you can, and when you feel ready, put one hand on the person's forehead and the other on the person's abdomen, pouring light into them. Your intentions must be pure and you must feel only love for her. Sometimes the person comes to tell you that something amazing happened, even if you don't tell part of it. Enjoy Astral Journeys!
- It is better not to be mentally or physically tired when trying astral projection, it will be harder to concentrate. The feeling of sleep in the morning works better than trying it after a long day at work.
- Feel free to walk wherever you want, but don't go too far the first few times. Walk or fly nearby if you are new to the astral plane.
- If you have difficulty getting back into your body, imagine yourself merging with it at the speed of light. You can come back from anywhere in a second. Remember that the soul is free from the shackles of time and distance.
- When the soul is leaving the body, it also helps to imagine that it is a dim light. Now imagine the extremely colored soul slowly coming out of it.
- Visualize yourself surrounded by white or yellow light when you are projecting to protect yourself from negative entities that can suck energy if you let them. Also, you can try to increase the vibrations.
- It is impossible to be physically or mentally harmed by anything on the astral plane during a projection.
- Interactions made on the astral plane are unlimited.
- Astral projection can be whatever you want it to be. It can also help with spiritual development quickly, so you shouldn't give up. It's very easy to think about all this can do for you in the future.