God is amazing, and sometimes we may feel that we don't give enough to Him. This article will give you some tips on how to be more faithful to God.
Step 1. Read your Bible
You must read your Bible twice a day, morning and evening. If you just focus on God for 5 to 10 minutes, it will help you a lot. Try to find time to read a verse or two from the Bible, and focus on what God is saying in those verses.
Step 2. Pray to God
Pray to Him when you feel happy, sad, angry, scared, or just plain bored. Tell Him your feelings and don't hold back your emotions. Not only will you be strengthening your relationship with God, you will also feel better having someone to talk to.
Step 3. What would Jesus do?
If you're facing a conflict, even if it's something as simple as "Should I eat this last piece of cake?", you must ask yourself what Jesus would do in this conflict. Well, Jesus would probably not take that last piece of cake, but let someone else take it.
Step 4. Avoid temptation
At many times in our lives, we are tempted to do things we know we shouldn't do. Even if it is difficult, the best thing to do is to avoid these temptations. Just walk away if the temptation is difficult, and if it keeps coming back, pray to God that He will help you get rid of the temptation and find something to distract yourself. If someone is pressuring you to do something that isn't right, you should tell that person to stop and walk away from them.
Step 5. Go to Church
It doesn't matter what kind of a Christian you are. There's a church that suits you somewhere. Attend as many meetings as you can, and be sure to take notes on the mass/sermon. Also, attending a Sunday School helps. Most churches have Sunday Schools for adults and children.
- Regular confession is a great habit.
- Sometimes some of the biggest temptations are wandering away from God. However, don't worry. If you find this happening at any point, just pray to God and fight the temptation!
- You can find books written especially for devotion. You can read a chapter a day and follow any instructions written in the book.
- Talk to other Christians who are looking for advice and help them.
- Don't get lazy and forget to do these things. Write a reminder, or often remind yourself to stand firm in your faith.
- Do not exaggerate. If you do, you can become like the Pharisees in the Bible; that is, doing these things just for publicity and to show people that you are a Christian. After all, God says he rewards people who worship him in secret.