There are many different ways to talk to God through your prayers, and there are even some things to avoid. One method of praying is to keep a journal (something like a prayer journal). You will be amazed to see how God has answered your prayers when you begin to keep track of the things you are praying for.
Step 1. Buy a diary
Any type of diary can be used, as long as it has enough pages to write and nothing written in it. The number of pages is important, ideally, the diary should have at least 70 pages so that it can last for some time. An ordinary blank notebook could be used if you don't have the money to buy a diary, but it needs to be something you will use exclusively to record your prayers.
Step 2. Find a hiding place
You will write your prayers in this journal, even the most personal ones you wouldn't want anyone to know about. It's good that no one knows where your diary is. It would be even better if people didn't even know you keep a diary. It's harder to find something when you're not even looking.
Step 3. Write a prayer.
It doesn't matter how you write it. Just write. But be sure to include the date. You will want to know the day you wrote that prayer later. When you're writing, don't leave anything out. Just put your prayer the way things are coming in your mind. Write down exactly what you would say if you were "talking" to God. Just talk to the sky father. You don't need to write sentences full of style phrases. In fact, a simple but heartfelt prayer will be better than a three-page prayer that isn't what you're feeling in your heart.
Step 4. Reread
After writing a prayer, don't read it again until you've filled out the entire journal. After you finish it, read it all, and you will be amazed at all the prayers that were answered. It's a really wonderful thing to realize that prayer works and is powerful. When God has answered your prayers, sometimes you will know, but sometimes you might not know, as the divine plan may be different from what you wanted or expected.
Step 5. Consider listing the names of the people you are praying for and why they need special prayer
Understand that you can write your prayers asking for divine intercession on someone's behalf. Write praising God and asking for blessings on their behalf as well as yourself. Thanks to the blessings received, the desired and the expected.
- Remember to hide it. Don't leave anything out when you're writing, no matter how embarrassing, God wants to hear everything you want to say to Him. Just don't let people read your diary. This is a private matter and no one has anything to do with what goes on between you and God.
- Periodically (perhaps monthly or quarterly) go back and read your journal and remember to write down all the responses you received.
- Try to make the effort to write on it every day. Our Creator deserves all the attention and you need to have a great relationship with him. The only way to build a relationship is to commit to the relationship regularly.
- If you can't think of what to write, then try to pray regularly, daily.
- Say some of your prayers in the form of praise and remember to glorify God in your way of life.
- Pray effectively and avoid sabotaging your own success in life by talking to God honestly and telling him everything that's on your heart. It is better to tell him that you don't know how to pray than to try to deceive yourself, because you will never deceive him. Always keep hope alive, never give up.
Even if you don't feel bad about other people reading your journal, hide it.
"When you pray, do not do as the hypocrites, who like to pray standing in synagogues and on street corners, to be seen by men. Verily I say to you, you have already received your reward. When you pray, enter your room, close the door, and pray unto thy Father in secret, and thy Father who seeth in a hidden place, shall reward thee. In your prayers, do not multiply words, as do the heathens who think they will be heard by force of words. imitate them, for your Father knows what is necessary for you, before you ask him (Matthew 6:8)
God doesn't want you to be lying because of your prayers.