Saying goodbye to a friend is not an easy thing to do, but it is something most people go through. Just because your friend is moving doesn't mean the friendship will end. Saying a heartfelt goodbye to your friend is a great way to show that you are still involved in the friendship. Read on to find out how to say goodbye, or better, until next time.
Method 1 of 4: Saying Goodbye with a Gift
Step 1. Make a photo album
You've probably taken a lot of pictures of yourself and your friend over the years. Organizing them in a photo album is a way to celebrate your friendship and give a souvenir that your friend can take back to their new home.
- If you have digital photos, print them on photo paper and cut them out with scissors.
- Buy a photo album. You can find cheaper albums in some places. It is also possible to make one if you have a talent for craftsmanship.
- Write a few sentences below the photos. You can write about what you remember from that moment when the photo was taken or jokes that the two of you will understand.
- You can also make an album online. That way you two will have a copy.
Step 2. Make a bracelet representing your friendship
It's a good idea to show you like him. Friendship bracelets are suitable for boys and girls and not difficult to make. Go to a craft store and buy embroidery thread. You can braid them to make a beautiful and colorful bracelet. Tie the ends together and cut off the excess.
- Make a pair of bracelets, one for yourself and one for your friend. So they will think of each other when they look at them.
- You can buy silver or other bracelets or necklaces if you want something more expensive. There are the classic broken hearts (one for you and one for your friend) or other designs.
Step 3. Give him a friendship kit
Moving to a new location can be difficult. Your friend will probably need several weeks to get used to and will not feel at home for a while. By giving him a kit with things that remind him of home, you'll be able to help him feel better when he misses you and his city.
- Choose a box for the kit. You can decorate a box or use a gift bag.
- Put some things that represent your city. It could be incense or candles from his favorite store, a book from a bookstore they always went to together, or a mug from the cafeteria they used to go to before class.
- Put some things to eat too. Make him some cookies for him to eat on the flight or his favorite sweets.
Method 2 of 4: Writing a Farewell Letter
Step 1. Reflect on your friendship
Saying goodbye is actually a unique opportunity to think about your friendship and tell your friend how important he is to you. It's not often that friends get a chance to do this, so enjoy. Writing this down might be a good idea and your friend can keep the letter forever.
- Write how you met. Do you remember the first time you and your friend saw each other? You don't always know that someone you just met is going to become a great friend.
- Write about your favorite memories. Remember movies you've watched together, shows you've been to, fun times you've had.
- If you like, open your heart even more. You can also talk about the difficult times and how your friendship grew as you got through it all.
Step 2. Lighten the tone with a few games
Saying goodbye is sad, but it's something you'll need to get over. Your friend will need to solve a lot of things, and as your best friend, you should cheer him up. Remember some stories or jokes that will make him smile when he opens the letter.
- Draw funny pictures of the two of you together.
- Write something in code and make a decoder on the back of the letter.
Step 3. Conclude the letter with a promise to keep in touch
Say that for you, this is not the end of friendship. You will always remember the great years you spent together, living in the same city, and this is simply the next phase in your friendship. You can visit each other.
Method 3 of 4: Holding a Farewell Celebration
Step 1. Go with him to his favorite places
Spending a day doing the things you've always enjoyed doing together is a great way to say goodbye. You can do something special, like go to a football game or a concert. Go out to dinner at your favorite restaurant or have dinner at home.
Step 2. Celebrate at school
If you and your friend study at the same school, celebrate during break time with other friends. Have someone decorate his wallet with cards and bring something special to eat for lunch.
Step 3. Have a party
If you and your friend have other mutual friends, throw a farewell party. It may or may not be a surprise, depending on your best friend's personality. You can have a theme party or a simple party like a meeting at a restaurant to say goodbye.
- Tell all guests to write something fun involving their best friend. At the party, everyone will be able to read their memory.
- Make or buy a cake for the party. Write "We'll miss you!" and enter your friends' names.
Method 4 of 4: Saying the Goodbye Words
Step 1. Go with your friend to the bus station or airport
Spending those final minutes with him will be priceless. If that's not possible, plan another time to say goodbye in the last few days before he leaves.
- Ask your friend if he needs help packing his things. It's a good way to spend time with him and help him calm down.
- He might be busy with his family these past few days. If so, stay at his house for a few hours to say goodbye.
Step 2. Tell your friend how you feel
There is no other way to say "goodbye". The best way to do it is to be honest about your feelings. Even if you don't know exactly what to say, your friend will know how you feel. The love you express will help you have more courage to move and start all over again.
- It can be difficult to express your feelings directly to another person, but this is the time to do it. Tell your friend that you love him and he will be missed.
- `Sometimes its not easy to say goodbye. A hug and a sincere smile will tell your friend everything he needs to know.
- Don't stop being best friends and don't lose contact.
- Remind him that despite the distance, you can still keep the friendship alive.
- Sometimes change is the best option. There are reasons for this. Do not give up! Keep your head up, your friend may be having a hard time needing to say goodbye not only to you, but to all your friends. You just needed to say goodbye to him.
- When you find out that your friend is moving, try to strengthen the bonds of friendship so that you don't feel bad when he leaves.
- Stay excited as much as you can and smile when he leaves.