Is there anyone you want or need to ignore? Maybe you should get away from someone you care about for some reason; on the other hand, seeming more distant with the guy you're in love with can make him miss you and notice you more. This is an age-old strategy to grab attention or turn someone away, just act consistently and follow a few simple tips.
Method 1 of 3: Skipping to Create Attraction
Step 1. Wait to reply to his messages
It's so exciting to receive an SMS or email from the date, it makes you want to respond right away, isn't it? But wait, take it easy, let him wonder what you've been doing so he doesn't answer you right away. That curiosity will draw him to you.
- The content of the message must have a bearing on this decision, of course. If it's a question about something specific, wait an hour or two, but if he's randomly chatting, you can wait up to a whole day.
- Setting an alarm for time to respond is a good idea.
Step 2. Don't start the conversation
Passion can make everything remind the guy and that makes him more willing to send a message and ask him to do something. Do not initiate contact, wait for him to call.
- Write down the things you want to talk to him, don't be in a hurry.
- When he starts the conversation, you'll have an arsenal of things to talk about.
Step 3. Flirt with other people
When you go to a party together, don't be afraid to flirt with other guys. You don't need to go hunting like a predator, but keep your mind open to other possibilities too; if someone interesting turns up, let your date see you dancing together. When they're in a conversation circle, touch the other guy's shoulder lightly, always cheerful and laughing.
- Go after another friend at the party and say something funny.
- Use the right opportunities to reach out or touch others (in moderation).
Step 4. Demonstrate your occupation
Having your own life, interests, and entertainment sources that don't involve you will make you more interested. Keep busy, make plans with other friends, join a group on a particular topic, etc. That way, when he wants to see her, it has to be in his time.
For example, if he calls to invite you to do something on Friday, say that unfortunately you already have an appointment, but ask if you can go out on Saturday
Step 5. Give the boy room
Like you, he also has personal interests and activities. When he turns down a program to play football with his friends, go do something with his friends. When he realizes that you have more to do, he will be even more attracted.
- If he makes plans with someone else and you're upset about it, let it go with a trusted friend and let it go.
- However, recognize if he is giving you the pipe. Having space is different from checking something with you and unchecking it at the last minute or just not showing up, especially if it happens repeatedly. In that case, let this guy go.
Method 2 of 3: Subtly Ignoring
Step 1. Wait a few days to respond to an invitation
Waiting a few days before giving an answer is a gentler way to ignore it; for example, if he asks you out after school hours, show that you are interested but don't know when it will be possible.
- When he asks you if you want to go somewhere, say you need to check it out and then say whether or not you can.
- Between one and three days is a good time.
Step 2. Prioritize your plans
If the guy you like is interested in you, don't throw it all up to date him, keep your appointments and see him when you can. In addition to being a clear and mild way of ignoring him, you'll appear harder to conquer.
- For this to work, you must keep yourself really busy.
- Fill your time with frequent activities. Set aside time each week to do your nails with friends, spend your weekends reading, devote yourself to a hobby.
Step 3. Make him jealous
This is a very effective way to ignore the guy and show that you also pay attention to other people. It will remind him of how much he likes you and force him to pay more attention to you.
- Write notes or messages to another guy in front of him.
- Make it a point to chat and have fun with other friends when he is present.
- Be careful not to overdo it. The idea is to make him a little jealous, not drive him away forever.
Step 4. Give hints that you don't want to be with him anymore
Maybe you're already involved, but he doesn't treat you as he should; subtly demonstrate that you are ready to jump ship. If he really cares about you, he'll change his behavior to make you stay.
- Talk about your amazing plans for the vacation you won't be spending with him.
- Good examples would be traveling with your family or traveling alone to some distant place.
- When they're talking about the future, "unintentionally" blurt out something like "Until then there's plenty of time and we don't even know how we'll be until then."
Method 3 of 3: Forgetting the Boy
Step 1. Let him know it's all over
When you decide this relationship is over, tell him. Talk in person and be clear; do not imply that he must wait for you or that they are taking a break.
- Say "We weren't meant for each other and I want to break up."
- Another option would be “Our relationship has already given everything it had to give and I want something new”.
Step 2. Delete his contact from your cell phone
If you're trying to outdo a guy you still like, ignore him by deleting his phone contact. Having to remember and type in the phone number to send a message or call will make it very difficult to get in touch with him.
- Write down his number elsewhere if you like.
- When you want to call or text, you'll have a lot more work.
- That should be enough to break the cycle and drop the phone.
Step 3. Ignore him on social media
Avoid seeing his photos and updates on the internet. You don't have to delete it, but stopping following it and not receiving updates from it can help you forget about it a lot.
Step 4. Don't try to fix what's gone by
It's normal to brood and look for a solution to what's been through when your heart is broken and you'll probably want to call your ex-boyfriend. However, if you are determined to ignore it, thinking about the past will be unproductive. There is nothing you can do now, and even if there were, that is not your responsibility; you don't have to take care of his well being, but yours.
- If you really need to resolve the issue, do it yourself. Write down everything that goes through your head.
- Talk to a close friend about your feelings.
Step 5. Don't call on holidays
After a long-term relationship, it's very common for people to want to communicate with their ex on holidays, but doing so will open a door that would be better left closed.
Call a friend to wish you happy holidays and get away from your cell phone
Step 6. Keep yourself busy
The best way to ignore someone's existence is to have something to do. Go out on dates with other guys, spend more time with your friends or stay home and enjoy a movie and pizza in your own company. The idea is to live to the point of not even remembering it exists.
Step 7. Stay away from mutual friends temporarily
If you are part of the same class, it's a good idea to get away for a while, so as not to risk meeting him and having to talk to him. While this sounds like a sacrifice, it is necessary if you are to truly ignore it. Talk to other people at school and do your best not to bump into him.
- You'll have to be strong to turn down some invitations to parties and other interesting events, but it's only for a while and it'll be worth it in the end.
- Take this opportunity to make new friends and social circles.