Do you know you love your girlfriend but have a hard time showing it? Is she starting to feel uncomfortable? This article has some tips for you to bring love and affection back into your relationship, and show your girlfriend that she is the most important thing in the world.
Method 1 of 3: Everyday Attitudes
Step 1. Be direct
Don't assume your girlfriend knows how you feel about her. Be clear about this. Ambiguity leads to uncertainty, which should never be present in relationships.
Step 2. Ask about your girlfriend's day
Make sure you are a good listener. Talk about any issues she has had. Talk about your day too. This helps in the couple's union.
Step 3. If this has not been highlighted enough, it is very important to be a good listener
- Even though she's saying something annoying, pay attention.
- Learn to interpret the “between the lines” and infer unclear requests.
- Listening patiently shows your interest in your girlfriend's life.
- Join the conversation, but not dominate it.
Step 4. Give sincere praise
It's usually obvious when you're not being sincere, so always tell the truth.
- Let your girl know she looks especially cute today.
- When she changes her hairstyle, praise her new look.
- Compliment her for something she did in class or at work.
- Make a positive comment about her clothes.
Step 5. Trust your girlfriend
Otherwise, don't expect her to do the same. Every good relationship is based on trust.
- If she goes out with her friends, don't be calling every twenty minutes. Let her have fun without you.
- Avoid jealousy. Let her talk to other guys without getting involved. Just because she's dating doesn't mean you shouldn't talk to anyone else.
Step 6. Be respectful, even during discussions
- Respect your girlfriend even if she's not around. Don't talk bad about her behind her back.
- Talk about your questions directly with her. Try to be direct.
- Respect your girlfriend's intelligence. Don't assume she needs help with everything.
- Don't ignore her ideas. A relationship is a partnership.
- Never resort to name calling or physical abuse.
Method 2 of 3: Loving Surprises
Step 1. Write love notes
They show that you care so much for your girlfriend that you always try to share your feelings with her. Always write by hand, never type! Good starts for your tickets include:
- "I thought about you all day…"
- "I wish I could be there with you…."
- "Can't wait to see you later…"
- Place the ticket in a location where it will have a lot of impact. Ideally, finding him should be a surprise. For example, if you know she needs to read a certain book that day, place the note between the pages. If you already sleep together, write the note on the bathroom mirror with soap, or put it on the nightstand.
Step 2. Don't forget to tell her you love her
She will never forget the moment you explained your love to her.
Step 3. Contact her before bed
Call or send an SMS. This is a great way to show that you love her.
- These calls let your girlfriend know you've been thinking about her.
- By doing this, you will become the last thought your girl had before bed.
- This is also a good chance for her to vent about anything bad that happened her day and sleep better.
Step 4. Surprise your love with some treat
- Chocolates can be cheap or very expensive. You don't need to spend a lot, but avoid poor quality chocolates. Look for stores like Cocoa show or Grenoble, and you can't go wrong.
- Imported candy is a way to show your love for your girlfriend. They are not usually very expensive.
- Make some cookies. In addition to all the other perks, this also shows you're good in the kitchen.
- Another option is to make her favorite snack.
Step 5. Give flowers
This is perhaps the most traditional and effective way of showing affection. Flowers can be a little expensive, so save this option for special occasions.
- Some florists sell bouquets of 8-10 roses for around 30 reais.
- If you know your girlfriend's favorite flower colors, ask the florist to help you make a bouquet.
- If you have access to wildflowers, make the bouquet yourself. Just make sure you don't pick flowers on private property.
- If your girlfriend is having a bad day at work, send her flowers. This can be expensive, but she will be delighted to be able to show them to her coworkers.
- A single flower can be just as effective as an entire bouquet. The most important thing is the gesture.
Step 6. Give a simple gift
A surprise gift can improve a tedious day and show you were thinking about her. Some suggestions include:
- Coupons of love. Give her a pack of coupons, which she can redeem to make you do certain things. For example, romantic dinners, a movie night, hugs, kisses, etc.
- An accessory. Clothes can be expensive, but a nice accessory is a nice gift that you can certainly afford. Look for hats, scarves or bags.
- A bottle of wine and a couple of glasses.
Step 7. Show affection when she least expects it
Catch her off guard, and you'll make a big impact.
- Reach her unseen and give her a quick kiss.
- Hug her before she goes to work or school.
- When you're walking together on a cold day, pull her close to you.
- Hold her hand while you walk in public.
Method 3 of 3: Outdo Yourself
Step 1. Get to know your girlfriend's friends and family
Do what you can to be friendly with them. All of these people are an important part of your love's life, and you must show that you respect them. Then she will see that you take your relationship seriously.
Step 2. Plan a scavenger hunt
This can be a fun way to spend an afternoon, and all the planning shows how much you care about your girlfriend.
- First of all, think of a treasure. It can be anything from a piece of jewelry to a nice dinner, or even something more personal.
- Plan the hunt. Decide the time limit and location. Good clues include "where we met" or "our first dinner together."
- Write down the clues. Place them in places she is sure to find. Each clue must lead to the next.
- Don't make hunting too difficult; the idea is that it's fun!
Step 3. Prepare a meal
Not only is this a good date option, it also shows that you know how to get by in the kitchen. Don't worry too much; what counts is the intention.
- Plan the meal. Find some simple recipes. Try to prepare everything so that the dishes are ready at the same time.
- Make sure you prepare a balanced meal. Avoid very large portions and include a salad.
- Pasta is usually a great choice as it is easy to prepare and most people like it.
- Clean up the dinner place. Light one or two candles, and make sure all dishes are placed correctly.
- If you're old enough, serve dinner with a modest bottle of wine.
Step 4. Create a playlist to put a background music on the room
- Basically, make a compilation of songs that she likes, or are related to the couple. Memory is heavily influenced by music.
- The idea is for your girlfriend to listen to the entire playlist without getting bored. Make sure the first few songs get attention, and the subsequent ones remain interesting.
- Most music software allows you to burn CDs. Click here for more specific instructions.
- If she uses a service like iTunes or Spotify, you can create a digital playlist and share it with her. But be aware that the lack of a tangible item can make the gift seem less special.
Step 5. Plan a picnic
Just like preparing a meal, the picnic shows that you care a lot about your love.
- Make sure the weather is good. Be ready to change plans in case of rain.
- Prepare a light lunch. Picnic meals should reflect the light and airy atmosphere of the location. Make sandwiches, cut some fruit, and bring some potato chips. As a beverage, prepare an iced tea.
- Picnic in a fun place. Depending on where you live, try to find a place that has natural beauty. Rivers, beaches and meadows are great places for a picnic. Go to the place before the day and look for secluded spots.