Do you want to impress that certain girl? While you can't control her feelings and make her fall in love with you, it's possible to put yourself in a prominent position. Here are two methods to impress a girl: first, for a girl you don't know well; the second, for a girl who claims to be interested only in friendship.
Method 1 of 2: Impressing a Girl You Don't Know Well
Step 1. Dress to impress
Taking care of your hygiene will not only make you look and smell more attractive, it will also show her that you are mature and capable of important daily tasks. Pay special attention to these areas:
- Bathe at least once a day. It's probably best to do this in the morning; so you can start the day feeling fresh and clean. Wash your hair, soap it all over and rinse. You can also shave and brush your teeth in the shower with the help of a fog-free mirror.
- Keep your mouth clean. Brush your teeth twice a day, floss and mouthwash. To help out in the middle of the day, suck on mints.
- Take care of your facial hair. Shave daily. If you're growing your beard, make sure it's evenly trimmed, not shaggy or unruly. If you tend to have a single eyebrow (one-eyebrow), consider plucking any hairs scattered over your nose.
- Use an antiperspirant deodorant. Apply it in the morning as soon as you get out of the shower.
- Don't overdo it in the colony. You can give a few squirts of cologne or body spray, but no more than three.
- Wear clean clothes. If you're always having trouble finding clean clothes, set a washing schedule, such as washing your clothes every Saturday morning.
Step 2. Be courteous
Having good manners doesn't mean you're boring, it means you know how to treat other people with respect, a quality most girls want in their boyfriends. Show her that you know how to be considerate by doing these things for everyone, not just her:
- Say "please", "thank you" and "you're welcome".
- If someone is going to walk through a door after you, hold it open for that person.
- Avoid cursing or saying anything rude in public or with someone else. It's good to relax around your friends a bit, but try to show your best side around people you don't know well.
Step 3. Think before you speak
Everyone slips up and says stupid things, but do your best to limit those occurrences when you're around this girl. Before you say anything, take a few seconds to evaluate what you're going to say.
- Don't speak well of other girls. You might think making her jealous is a good idea, but avoid it. Discussing other girls' appearance in front of her will make you appear shallow and flighty. As far as she knows, she's the only girl he cares about.
- Avoid pretending to be a bully. Don't hurl careless insults or put other people down, even if you mean to be funny. She may not be able to understand your humorous tone and take your words seriously.
- Don't tell dirty jokes. There's a time and place for that kind of humor - it's when you hang out with your male friends. Control yourself when you're near her.
Step 4. Offer her a sincere compliment
When you're around her, you should give her a nice, genuine compliment. It's not as difficult as it sounds! Here's what to do:
- Think about what you like most about her. It could be her smile, her laugh, her intelligence - anything that catches your eye as her best quality. (The only caveat is that you shouldn't compliment any of her physical traits other than her eyes or her smile. She may look nice, but this is not the time for that).
- Do it in a semi-private way. She doesn't have to be completely alone for you to compliment her, but try not to do that with all her friends (or yours) listening intently. You can also praise her by text message or via an instant messenger.
- Keep it short and sweet. There is no need for three or four minutes of poetically talking about her best qualities. A single smart and humorous sentence is enough.
- Pay attention to the words you use. Instead of saying "This is a nice dress" or "I like your outfit," say, "You look really great in that dress." Praise the woman, not her article of clothing!
- Get your body language right. He used to smile! When praising her, keep eye contact as well.
Step 5. Make her feel special
Find little ways to let her know that you consider her an extraordinary person and she will definitely notice it.
- Don't ignore her or play hard to get. If she sends you a message, reply to it. If she wants to talk, try to take the time to do it, even if it's slightly inconvenient.
- Strive to help her. If she needs help, offer yours! It could be carrying heavy or awkward items, going with her to do errands, or talking to her during a difficult situation.
- Let her speak. Mistake number one when talking to a girl is focusing on yourself. Girls are much more comfortable talking about common interests. Ask about their interests, hobbies, favorite music and books, etc. If she asks you a question, answer it in a few short sentences and then redirect the question to her. This will get her involved in the conversation.
- Start an inside joke with her! By doing this, both will share a secret connection shared only by the two. It will make her feel special, included and closer to you. This will also give you an easy reason to start a conversation. But keep in mind that if you use this joke excessively, it can quickly go from funny to boring, so use it only when necessary.
Method 2 of 2: Escaping the Friendship Zone
Step 1. Spend some time on your self-improvement
Take the time you would otherwise spend with her (or thinking about her) to feel better about yourself. You will be a new improved guy, with better self-confidence, regardless of whether or not she is interested in this at the end of the day. Remember that you are not doing it for her right now - you are doing it for yourself so that you feel a better version of yourself.
- Take care of your personal care. Try making your routine a little more rigorous and see how it affects your high self-esteem. Increase your skin care, try a new hairstyle or haircut, bathe more regularly, try a new cologne, and so on.
- Take control of your life. If any aspect of your life currently seems out of control-whether it's in school, in your career, or in your finances-now is the time to take the reins. Find out what you need to do to stabilize your situation and feel back on track. So go and do it - don't waste another second stressing about it. Yes, girls are attracted to men who seem to be in control of their lives. But even better, you'll feel confident and assured that things are going your way because you did.
- Cultivate a new hobby or interest. Are there any sports you've always wanted to try? Or a subject you've always wanted to learn more about? Now is the time! Dedicate yourself to any extracurricular interests that spark your imagination and make that your new focus. Girls are attracted to interesting people and your hobbies and outdoor activities will make you interesting too.
Step 2. Get some space away from her
This is the hardest thing to do when you're crazy about a girl, but it's the only sure way to get out of the friendship zone. If you want her to see you with different eyes, you will need to spend some time away so that your relationship can restart when you start interacting again.
- Commit to having minimal contact with her for at least 3 or 4 weeks. This may seem like an eternity, but you can do it! Be polite when you see her, but don't go out and hang on the phone with her, don't go on dates and respond to her messages with something short and concise.
- If she asks why you're so far away, tell her you're taking some time to rethink your priorities. Say it's nothing personal, that you're just working toward goals in other areas of your life. Most girls like someone who is motivated and ambitious. Even if she's upset that you don't spend a lot of time with her, that's the best excuse you can give.
Step 3. Make a new first impression
After you've been away for a while, you'll have a chance to make another “first” impression by interacting with her again. If you are able to do this correctly, she will begin to see you in a whole new perspective.
- Look your best. Make the extra effort to look your best when you feel like you're about to see her again. That way, your next date won't catch you off guard.
- Make your intentions clear. If you want her to see you as a boyfriend, act like one! Flirt her. Keep eye contact. Give latent praise. Don't just fall into old habits, or act like you worship the ground she walks on. Make her feel special, but not to your detriment.
Step 4. Don't offer your time so freely
Instead of being constantly available to her anytime she wants, make her strive a little for your attention. For example, you're not available to visit her and watch romantic comedies while she mourns her latest breakup; however, you are available to take her to dinner on Friday, should she be interested.
Draw a clear dividing line between the things you used to do for her when you were in the friendship zone and the things you are willing to do as a potential boyfriend. Be mean about this difference
Step 5. Don't waste time
After restarting contact, don't wait months to ask her out or otherwise move the relationship to the next level. Do this within the same week.
- Invite her on a clearly romantic date. That means: dinner, on the weekend, just the two of them. She will understand your tip.
- Confess your feelings for her confidently and clearly. Let her know that you are interested in being more than a friend. Say you'll accept her decision if she's not interested, but that you can't continue to languish in the friendship zone.
- Break through the touch barrier. Hold her hand, hug her, pet her, or anyone else make physical contact at the table. This is a very clear way to get your message across, especially if the touch barrier was one of the characteristics of your previous interactions.
- Remember old Sean Connery's lines: "The key to a woman's heart is an unexpected gift, at an unexpected time." The gift doesn't have to be fancy - try something as simple as a single rose or her favorite treat. Don't make a big deal out of the gift, just give it with a smile and accept her thanks with dignity.
Step 6. Accept her decision
If you've tried everything to impress her and she's still not interested in you, give in with dignity. Sometimes the spark is simply not there. You did your best and there are other girls out there who will appreciate who you are. Proceed with confidence!
- Show sympathy and affection. If the girl you really like to have around is sad or hurt, give her a quick hug. Don't just say you're sorry and hope she gets better. This tip works really well, as the girl will notice that you care about her.
- If you wear braces, glasses or have acne, don't be discouraged! A lot of girls don't care about the outside, just don't be a complete slacker. Girls go to great lengths to take care of their appearance, maybe you should do the same. Don't think that the world ended just because you have braces, glasses or acne, sometimes it works! Many girls find braces and glasses attractive and many have had skin problems too.
- Don't follow it everywhere. This will automatically give you a reputation as a stalker and will scare you off. Depending on how you act, even just a little following can give you such a reputation. How you act can determine whether she actually wants you around all the time or whether your vision alone will be too much contact for her. If you sense that she considers you a stalker, stop, as trying to control the damage will only make the situation worse. Instead, try getting help from a friend of his or hers.
- Some girls are naturally flirtatious but not interested in you. Just because she hangs out with you all the time, hugs you, and does other seductive things doesn't mean she likes you. Take things slowly so you can really know.
- If you follow all the steps above and it doesn't work, don't be discouraged. There are other girls out there who will be much more acknowledging than the one who let you down.
- Making her feel wanted/appreciated and letting her know that you like her are some of the biggest compliments you can offer her.
- Work out and be in shape.