We've all been madly in love at some point in our lives and we know how difficult it is to reveal our feelings to the person. Here are some useful tips on how to show your interest and finally declare yourself to be loved.
Part 1 of 3: Getting Ready
Step 1. Be presentable
This aspect is essential. Put on a nice perfume and keep your personal hygiene up to date. Would you be interested in someone who smells of sweat? Probably not.
Step 2. Dress up
Show a sense of fashion, but keep the authenticity. For example, if you wear a school uniform, combine it with a flashy jacket or put on a button from your favorite band.
- Wear clothes that make you comfortable.
- If you know your passion's favorite color or perfume, bet on it.
Step 3. Be yourself
Trust your own talents and attributes. If you're a fun person, use this to your advantage. If you are a sports fan and know that your loved one is too, even better. Invest in common interests and take advantage of it.
Don't pretend to be who you are not to the individual. If you go this way, sooner or later the person will realize the truth, and may regret being with you
Part 2 of 3: Getting Closer
Step 1. Learn about your loved one
The person knowing that you exist is not enough: it is necessary for them to get to know each other well enough to be totally comfortable in the presence of the other and to talk without shyness or embarrassment. Don't want to rush things. It's better to cultivate friendship first than to rush ahead and see that it wasn't all you expected.
- Try to brainstorm with your love interest from time to time. Develop little conversations daily, greet him often and make him feel noticed.
- You can chat in person or even over the internet, on Facebook, Whatsapp, etc.
- Even if your crush likes you too, don't seem too available by replying to messages right away: create a certain challenge! On the other hand, if the individual takes a long time to return, it may be that he is talking to someone more important at that moment; do not press.
Step 2. Know the interests of the loved one
Having things in common will let her know that you appreciate her ideas.
Don't belittle her tastes unless it's in jest (watch your tone!)
Step 3. Make friends with the class of your romantic interest
For example, talk to his friends more, play, ask vaguely about him, etc. You can also try to find out what the person likes in terms of music, games, TV, sports, school activities, and so on.
Part 3 of 3: Declaring Yourself to Your Love Interest
Step 1. Get closer to the one you love
Be funny and upbeat. Show yourself to be a nice person to live with.
Step 2. Praise your crush from time to time
Say simple things like "I like your new haircut!" or “I think your smile is beautiful”.
Step 3. Tell your friends about your feelings
They can help you get closer to the person you care about. If you're lucky, they may be able to bridge the gap between the two of you, but at worst they'll provide support and ideas on how to become more intimate with your loved one.
If you are already chatting with the person online or in person, be careful not to reveal personal things about them to your friends, as if they know, they will lose confidence in you and stop sharing these details. Your crush may tell you things you would be embarrassed to tell others, so keep your secrets well
Step 4. See if your romantic interest is dating or in love with someone
In that case, the situation could be pretty embarrassing for all parties, so make sure the path is clear before taking chances.
Also, find out if the individual has had a recent breakup, as what appears to be mutual interest may just be kindness, revenge against the ex, etc
Step 5. Flirt casually with your crush
When you feel comfortable, start smiling a lot. Observe if the advances do not cause discomfort to the person.
Step 6. Build up courage and tell the person you like him
Sometimes it's best to just open up with the person. Ask her out! The worst that can happen is you hear no.
If you're embarrassed or scared, remember: if you don't try, you'll never know if you could make it
Step 7. Ask the person how they feel about you
If it is reciprocal, it will be the beginning of a new love adventure for you!
If nothing happens, handle the rejection as best you can. Don't let the situation get you down; sometimes things don't work out, and that's okay. Be optimistic and don't forget that there are plenty of other options out there
Step 8. Start to leave
Spend a lot of time together, keep the atmosphere light and fun, and know that it always takes time to figure out what a relationship will be like.
- Eye contact is essential. Don't keep your head down or look away from the person's gaze.
- Smile a lot (but not too much, or it can be a little scary!).
- Whenever you find your romantic interest, be friendly and say hello.
- Always be well groomed! And, girls: regardless of the judgment of others, use what and how you want. After all, your own satisfaction comes first.
- If you bump into your crush in the hallways, pay attention to her next class. If a friend is in the same class, talk casually with them and include the romantic interest in the conversation.
- If you're rejected, it's okay to be sad for a while.
- Always be yourself and don't change for anyone.
- Respect the person's space or they may feel persecuted.