The signs of attraction between men and women are more than natural. It has always been like this and it will never change. If you have a beautiful wife and are tired of the attention she gets from men, there are a few ways to get around this situation.
Method 1 of 3: Reacting Properly
Step 1. Ask your wife for her opinion
Consider how she feels about this circumstance and how it affects her. If she is uncomfortable with the stares, discuss whether or not you should intervene.
- If you've been through something similar before, you should already know how she feels about it. In this case, be early in the decision on how to react so as not to exaggerate.
- If she thinks there's no problem at all, it probably isn't. Forget what happened and enjoy the moment with her.
Step 2. Get closer
Hold your wife's hand or link your arm through hers to show that you are a couple, not just friends.
- A kiss on the lips is a great way to show you are in a relationship.
- Your wife is proud of you and likes it when you show affection to let people know that you are together. The same applies when someone looks at you and you demonstrate that you already have an owner. It is a double way path.
Step 3. Show the rings
Sometimes when a man finds a woman attractive, he doesn't waste time looking at her hands because he's focused on admiring her beauty. If you, your wife, or both of you manage to subtly show the rings, doubts about whether or not you are married will be removed.
Step 4. Make eye contact
Let the guy realize you know he's looking at your wife. In a restaurant, for example, stare at the guy to show that his attitude is bothering you.
Another way to use eye contact is to look your wife in the eye to show that you have a connection that no one can interfere with. You can also do this if you have any female admirers staring at you
Step 5. Ask for respect
Politely ask the boy to stop staring at his wife. Say you would like him to have a little more respect. Decent people stop immediately when the situation gets to that point.
- Encourage your wife to tell the person what she thinks, but only if she wants to say something. She can do this without making a scene, just casually say she's already accompanied.
- If you continue to feel uncomfortable with her attention, open up the game about your insecurities and ask your wife to reassure you.
Step 6. Laugh at the situation
Like almost everything else in life, it's always good to have a sense of humor. From time to time, the best solution is to laugh at the comical fact that other men think your wife might be even remotely interested in them.
Method 2 of 3: Controlling Excessive Jealousy
Step 1. Have self-control
Controlling jealousy or ownership helps avoid unnecessary drama. Before you do or say anything, make a decision not to let someone else's attitude negatively impact you.
The lack of control may have to do with some previous situation that created insecurity. If you have ever been betrayed, your reaction may be fear that it will happen again, hence the source of jealousy. Understand that the past is not the present, you are living in another situation, and you don't need to feel that way
Step 2. Trust your wife
When you react negatively to looks directed at her, you are unconsciously saying that you don't trust your wife. Furthermore, this reaction is an indication that you do not value yourself and that you have low self-esteem. When you don't let yourself be affected by it, you are saying that you trust your wife and that you don't see other people's looks as a threat. Remember, you're the one she chose to marry, and the two of you have a connection she doesn't have with anyone else.
- A relationship based on love, trust and respect helps to reduce the feeling of jealousy and maintain control under the eyes of others. You need to trust that your wife would never do anything to destroy your relationship, and that what you have is unique and special.
- Many wedding vows include “giving up others,” so remember that your wife has made a commitment that probably means a lot to her.
Step 3. Show confidence
Whether you walk confidently or stand up straight, demonstrating confidence can eliminate all the problems, because the men who are watching you will feel like they can't compete with you.
- The feeling of helplessness can result in possessiveness, a kind of dominance to keep your wife from leaving you. Self-confidence can alleviate this need to maintain control.
- To build self-confidence, make a list of everything you like about yourself. Also include the things your wife likes about you. This exercise can help you remember that you are a good catch.
Step 4. Be sensible
It is not out of this world for a man to admire a woman. You've probably also been through a situation of finding a beautiful woman and looking at her. It's wise to accept that your beautiful wife gets admiring looks, but that doesn't mean they're going to hit on her.
Step 5. Ignore
Just seeing a guy looking at his wife makes it hard to tell what kind of person he is. Maybe he has a personality problem or an inferiority complex, which could cause problems. Instead of getting angry or jealous, just ignore the guy. You can't change what people do, but you can change your reaction to their actions.
Method 3 of 3: Enjoying Attention
Step 1. Recognize your wife's beauty
Give it all the attention and appreciation it deserves. It would be ironic for her to receive attention from everyone but you.
- Remember all the qualities she has, not just her appearance.
- If she enjoys receiving attention for beauty, her interference may be viewed negatively.
Step 2. Enjoy it while you have time
As a woman ages, her appearance changes. That doesn't mean your wife won't be pretty, but she certainly won't get that kind of attention forever.
- If you find that your wife is not enjoying the attention, move to block the individual's field of vision.
- If she is dressed seductively or provocatively, tell her that she will inevitably attract a lot of eyes and that it bothers you. From then on, it is up to her to decide if she will continue with the same clothes or if she will wear something more conservative. That doesn't mean you're keeping your wife from showing her beauty.
- Don't argue or fight, whatever the circumstances.
- If you ask the young man to stop staring at his wife, and he persists, simply leave the room. Don't get angry and don't get into an argument that might make you regret it later. Try to work around the situation to prevent it from escalating.
- If you are easily angered by this sort of thing, it can give the impression that you are a weak or insignificant person. As the good person you are, your wife will surely reassure you so that you don't feel threatened by another man.