Being handsome is much more than looking attractive and a smile to make a prince charming. It's also important to have the right attitude and a good personality. After all, how we act influences how others see us. In this article, you will not only learn how to look better, but also how to act like a real heartthrob.
Method 1 of 3: Developing a Sense of Fashion and Style
Step 1. Work on your sense of style
Your clothes and the way you wear them say a lot about you. They directly influence how you are seen by the world. Wearing clothes that are poorly fit or the wrong size makes others think you don't care what you look like.
More important than the style of clothing is how you wear it. You can wear whatever you think is best, from trendy clothes to sporting attire to alternative and casual fashion. The important thing is that your wardrobe is about you. A 30-year-old man who dresses like a 15-year-old, for example, looks like someone who can't accept his age, not a cool teenager. The same goes for any other style. If your clothes don't reflect your personality, you'll look like a poser or clueless, and that won't make anyone think you're better looking
Step 2. Pay attention to men you think are well dressed
When you're at the mall or taking a walk on the street, check out men who look stylish. What's the first thing that catches your eye?
Women tend to look at shoes straight away, a detail that men tend to overlook. As men, in general, don't care much for shoes, choosing and taking good care of a quality pair of shoes is a great way to stand out
Step 3. Hire a personal shopper
If you don't have any fashion sense, but have money to spare, it might be a good idea to hire a personal shopper. The professional will help you identify your style, choose clothes for you, and let you know where you can buy clothes of that style in the future.
- If you don't have the money, get a stylish friend or relative to go shopping with you.
- Hear what the professional has to say, but remember that his style may not match yours. If you don't like any suggestions, don't feel obligated to follow them. Thank him for his willingness and look for a personal shopper who has more to do with you.
Step 4. Bet on a “uniform”
Choosing one or a few items to be your “uniform” can help you stand out and draw attention to your look. Steve Jobs' “uniform”, for example, was a black turtleneck, jeans and a pair of New Balance running shoes.
- Choosing a ring, necklace, or other jewelry as your “uniform” can also be super practical and effective.
- Although they can only be worn outdoors, a pair of colored or aviator sunglasses is a great way to draw attention to your face.
- Bet on a good colony. Avoid rogue colonies. Look for a scent that no one else has. A good cologne can also be a great conversationalist. Just don't overdo it. Otherwise, the conversation will start behind your back and it won't be complimentary at all.
Step 5. Take voice lessons
Everyone knows how to speak. Now, speaking clearly and articulately is something else! Your voice alone makes a certain impression.
Method 2 of 3: Taking Care of Your Appearance
Step 1. Keep your hands and nails cut and clean
Wash your hands often. It is also important that your nails are always clean and well cut. Do not bite your nails or cuticles. Otherwise you will look like a nervous and neurotic person.
Step 2. Comb and style your hair
With very rare (and usually accidental) exceptions, leaving the house disheveled is never a good idea. Wash and comb your hair regularly. If you have time and inclination, arrange the locks with a cream or a gel. However, always follow the “less is more” rule. Be careful not to overdo the products!
Step 3. Take care of your skin
Many people associate poorly cared for skin with poor hygiene. Even if the association is unfair, wash your face well, especially after doing physical activities. As much as possible avoid irritation caused by razor blades. If you are prone to acne and other skin problems, see a dermatologist to give your appearance a fix.
Step 4. Bathe daily
A good shower is a great way to start the day. Besides, smelling good and looking clean won't do any harm to other people's idea of you.
Step 5. Have a healthy diet
Eating well helps maintain a proper weight, prevent cavities, look good, beautiful skin and have more energy, among many other things.
Step 6. Sleep well
Sleeping eight hours or more a night will do wonders for your skin, your mood and your appearance.
Step 7. Exercise regularly
Being beautiful is much more than being stylish. Regular physical activity not only helps improve your appearance, confidence, and energy level, it releases endorphins that make you feel good and therefore more attractive.
Method 3 of 3: Demonstrating Attitude and Personality
Step 1. Be confident
Nothing has more impact on how you are perceived by others than self-confidence – not your facial structure, not your hairstyle, not even the best shoes. Work on your confidence by following the steps in this section. Just be careful not to look forced. You have to really believe in yourself.
Step 2. Adjust posture
Keeping hunched over not only causes back problems, it makes others think you lack self-confidence. Standing or sitting, try to keep your spine straight.
Step 3. Smile
Smiling makes you look happier, confident and outgoing. A nice smile also keeps you from looking tired and desperate.
Step 4. Look people in the eye
Looking the person you are talking to in the eye is a matter of politeness. Just don't stare! Look at other parts of her face from time to time. Keeping eye contact is also a way to show confidence and confidence.
- Stay positive, be proud of who you are, and don't forget that trust is everything.
- Don't let others criticize you for being who you are.
- Don't be tossing your hair from side to side like Justin Bieber. Otherwise, people will think you're a bit silly.
- Don't worry so much about your appearance. Spending your life thinking about outer beauty is going to suck for you.
- Be yourself. Don't adopt styles or personality traits that you don't identify with.
- A study conducted in 2014 found that mood directly affects physical appearance. Keep a positive attitude so that girls (or boys, if you're gay or bisexual) will find you more attractive. Smile whenever you can and try to think of things that make you happy.