Suffering from acne is a frustrating situation, right? A skin full of sores and pimples can seriously damage your confidence, but rest assured, you're not the only one suffering from it. Luckily, there are several techniques available to treat acne without spending too much money. Below, you'll find tips on how to use a tomato to treat acne without leaving your home.
Method 1 of 3: Treating Acne With Tomatoes
Step 1. Gather the necessary materials
The most important thing, of course, is having some fresh tomatoes at home. Canned goods don't work because of seasonings and preservatives; use fresh tomatoes for best results.
- Use regular tomatoes as they are easier to handle and basically they are bigger and cover more of the face.
- Choose firm tomatoes with vibrant colors and a sweet smell. Basically, just choose tomatoes that would be good to eat.
Step 2. Learn more about the effects of tomatoes on the skin
Because they are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, tomatoes are excellent skin care fruits. Lycopene is a very powerful antioxidant present in tomatoes; it works by increasing the skin's protective factor and collagen production, regenerating cells faster.
Tomatoes reduce the redness caused by acne and also help relieve irritation in problem areas
Step 3. Use the whole tomato
To get the most out of the fruit, just apply it directly to your face. Cut the tomato in half and rub it on the most problematic acne spots. When his juice is on your face, massage it with your fingertips for a while. Rinse your face with warm water.
- Apply the tomato in the bathroom, as it can do a lot of dirt. Have some towels with you in case you drop anything.
- Repeat the application every day and results should appear within a week.
Step 4. Create a tomato mask if acne is extreme
Mash a whole tomato into a container. The pulp of the fruit will be used in the mask; spread it over your face and let it work for an hour. Then rinse your face with water and apply a moisturizer.
- Repeat the procedure three to four times a week. Acne should start to subside in a few weeks.
- If you prefer, mix avocado and tomato to create the mask. Simply mash the two together in a container and apply to your face. Leave to act for 15 minutes before rinsing. Avocado will help reduce skin oils.
Step 5. Create a tomato paste
Mix the fruit with other ingredients for even more benefits. For example, mix tomato juice with a little honey to create an acne paste.
- Apply the mixture to the skin and let it work for 15 minutes. Rinse it off and the result should be brighter skin.
- If you prefer, mash half a tomato and mix the hamburger with two tablespoons of natural yoghurt. Apply to skin for 20 minutes and rinse. The mixture should reduce acne inflammation.
Method 2 of 3: Supplementing Tomatoes
Step 1. Try other products
In addition to fresh tomatoes, you can also buy skin care products that contain tomatoes. On your next visit to the pharmacy, stop by the skin health section and look for products that contain tomatoes in the composition to help remove acne.
If the acne problem is severe, consult a dermatologist to find the ideal product. There are many options that can help you
Step 2. Try home remedies
In addition to industrialized products, there are homemade methods of acne treatment, such as lemon, a very potent astringent. Squeeze a small amount of lemon juice onto a cotton ball and rub over the acne. The acid present in the liquid should help reduce the stain.
- Egg whites are also very helpful in skin care. Apply an egg white to the problem area of the face and let it work for ten minutes. It will help to fortify the skin and even out the tone.
- Honey is also a great option. Apply a light layer over the face and let it work for five minutes. Rinse off and show off your glowing skin!
Step 3. Create a care routine
You need to take care of your skin every day, especially if you suffer from acne. Wash your face with mild products twice a day and apply a moisturizing cream.
Consult with a dermatologist. The professional will recommend specific products for your skin type and explain how to care for your face every day
Method 3 of 3: Understanding the Importance of Skin Health
Step 1. Avoid damage
The skin is the largest organ in the body, so it makes sense to protect it, right? One of the most important steps in protecting your skin is to apply sunscreen every day. Include the application in your care routine.
- If you smoke, stop now! The harmful effects of cigarettes will further damage the skin.
- Keep eating healthy. Consume lots of fruits and vegetables. Don't forget to drink plenty of water.
Step 2. Know the benefits of healthy skin
Since the skin is the first line of defense against infection, wounds can leave you vulnerable. Take good care of the largest organ in the body and stay healthy.
Keep your skin hydrated and clean at all times
Step 3. Take care of self-esteem
Improving skin health also helps a lot in mental health. Several studies show that clean skin increases confidence. Feeling better about yourself will make you happier and more relaxed. The increase in confidence is also a great help in avoiding symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Combine tomatoes with other acne treatments.
- If you have sensitive skin, tomatoes may not be the best option. Consult with a dermatologist.