Looking good encompasses several factors, such as cultivating good hygiene habits, wearing nice clothes and knowing how to take good care of yourself. Getting as pretty as possible can be tricky at first, but you'll find it easier to keep up with these cares when you get into the habit of putting them into practice regularly. Start by maintaining good hygiene, then add some more stylish items to your wardrobe. Finally, adopt some healthy habits to look even more beautiful.
Method 1 of 3: Improving hygiene habits
Step 1. Take a shower every day and whenever you sweat a lot
A daily bath will help you look (and feel) beautiful, so add this habit to your routine. Take a shower as soon as you wake up, right after a physical activity, or before going to bed - this is a great way to relax after a tiring day. Use a mild soap to cleanse your skin, particularly your underarms and groin area, and finish by rinsing your entire body thoroughly and drying yourself with a clean, dry towel.
Apply a moisturizer right after a shower to retain moisture in the skin and preserve the feeling of softness longer
Step 2. Develop a face care ritual that works for you.
A basic facial routine will include cleaning your face, applying a tonic, and moisturizing your skin twice a day; but you can create your own ritual based on your specific skin type - wash your face three times a day if you have oily skin, for example, or just use the facial tonic once a day if you have dry or sensitive skin.
- Girls who are more prone to blackheads and pimples should choose cosmetics that include anti-acne ingredients in their formulations, such as retinol and benzoyl peroxide.
- Some people include using an exfoliant as one of the steps in their skincare routine, but avoid using such a product more than twice a week - excessive exfoliation can irritate your skin.
Step 3. Brush your teeth twice a day at least
Use a fluoride toothpaste to brush your teeth for two minutes after each meal or at least twice a day - brush the sides, front and back of your teeth. Finish using the floss.
Consider using special strips or a whitening toothpaste to make your teeth shinier
Step 4. Wash your hair every other day
You don't have to do this every day, but washing your hair every two to three days is important to control oiliness and keep your strands beautiful - use a shampoo suitable for your hair type and finish with a good conditioner.
You can use a dry shampoo to keep your hair looking good on the days you don't wash your hair
Tip: Try to trim the hair every six to eight weeks to prevent the appearance of split ends.
Step 5. Trim your nails once a week to keep them looking beautiful
Use a clipper and sandpaper to trim and round your nails - you could also apply a clear foundation to make them shinier or a colored nail polish if you want to add a splash of color.
Try to get your nails done weekly to keep them looking beautiful
Method 2 of 3: Deciding What to Wear
Step 1. Choose well-fitting pieces that make you feel beautiful
Avoid clothes that don't fit your body, such as garments that are too baggy or tight, and only wear items that fit well and make you feel good about yourself. Buy clothes that enhance your body and make a point of wearing more pieces like that.
- For example, those who feel prettier wearing high-waisted pants and mini-blouses should try to wear these clothes more often.
- Get rid of all the clothes that you don't like, that don't fit or that are damaged.
Tip: Choosing pieces that enhance your skin tone is another way to improve your appearance. A very white, redheaded girl, for example, will look better wearing greens and purples; those with darker skin and black hair will look prettier in bold colors like red, yellow and orange - try a few color combinations to find which one works best for you.
Step 2. Choose comfortable and stylish shoes
Don't force yourself to walk in high heels or any other uncomfortable footwear; instead, prefer options that are more comfortable and that match your clothes.
- Wear a black or caramel sneaker if you want a more formal look.
- Pair a pair of white sneakers with a pair of blue jeans and a T-shirt if you're looking for a more laid-back look.
Step 3. Wear a bra of the right size
Those who still don't have a bra to call their own can ask the help of a woman in the family, such as their mother, aunt or older sister, to buy one. Try a few different styles and sizes to find the best fit for your body. The right size bra should be snug around your bust, but not too tight.
- There are several types of bra, such as the push-up, the cup, the sports bra and the triangle.
- The lingerie store salesperson will be able to measure your bust to help you find the perfect size.
Step 4. Buy some high quality parts if you feel the need
If you always feel that your wardrobe lacks some basic items, such as jeans, a coat and a dress shirt, you might want to invest in some good quality items - keep an eye out for sales and visit thrift stores if you don't have a lot of money remaining. Buy pieces that fit your body and can be used over and over again.
A good pair of jeans or winter jacket can be worn for many years, for example
Tip: Avoid spending money on fashionable clothes, as they will likely end up spending more time in your wardrobe than out of it.
Method 3 of 3: Adopting Healthy Habits to Look Better
Step 1. practice a physical activity for 30 minutes daily to strengthen health and self-esteem.
In addition to being good for your overall health, regular cardio-respiratory exercise will help you feel more self-confident, a quality most people find attractive - so physical activity will also make you more beautiful. Choose an exercise that you enjoy and try doing it for 30 minutes five days a week.
- Those who like to run, for example, could practice the activity every day after school or even join the school's athletics team.
- Those who like to dance could move their skeletons in their own room while getting ready for school, or participate in a zumba class a few times a week.
Step 2. Keep a healthy diet to nourish the body
A balanced diet will strengthen your overall health and, who knows, even improve your appearance. Try to eat a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains and lean proteins; control your consumption of fats and avoid unhealthy foods - such as fast food, cookies, sweets and snacks - whenever possible.
- A few simple substitutions are a great way to improve your diet - instead of eating breaded chicken, for example, go for a grilled chicken fillet; instead of eating potato chips, opt for fresh apple slices.
- Another very easy way to eat better is to always fill half of your plate with vegetables or fruits.
Step 3. Drink water every day to stay hydrated
Although there is no exact amount you need to consume, try to make water the main drink in your diet to keep your body well hydrated - avoid sugary drinks such as sodas, juices and sports drinks and, instead, always have a bottle of water around to quench your thirst throughout the day.
Tip: Those who are not a big fan of water can try adding a few drops of lemon, some berries or a slice of cucumber to add more flavor to the drink without having to add more sugar or calories. You can also drink water at the temperature you prefer - very cold, at room temperature, or even hot.
Step 4. Sleep eight to ten hours a day
Getting enough rest will make you look better, so make it a priority - go to bed and wake up at the same times to ensure you get enough sleep. Some habits that can help you sleep more include:
- Keep the room dark, cool, clean and quiet.
- Avoid caffeine consumption in the afternoon and evening.
- Develop a nightly routine, such as taking a shower, putting on pajamas, and reading a chapter of a book every night before bed.