Starting a conversation with a girl can be difficult, especially for those who have no experience. Luckily, you just need to learn to be more confident and put the girl of your dreams at ease and slowly win her heart - no matter what she looks like. Read the tips in this article to find out what to do to reach your dream goal.
Part 1 of 2: Getting the girl's attention
Step 1. Be approachable and friendly.
You must be nice and polite to get a girl's attention. It sounds obvious, but a lot of people give the impression that they're grumpy when they're actually nervous. Don't pretend you're busy or distracted or too "cool" to take action. If the girl starts talking, put your cell phone away, stop looking around and give her your full attention. See other cool tips:
- Smile if the girl passes by you.
- Use positive body language. Don't cross your arms.
- Pay attention to your facial expressions. Don't stare at the girl all the time and don't frown.
- Don't drum your fingers or your legs or look at the floor.
Step 2. Show confidence
If you're afraid to reach out to a girl, maybe the problem is with your self-confidence. It's normal: everyone is insecure about their own beauty from time to time. Even so, no one has to be the most beautiful person in the world to win someone over - just show satisfaction with yourself. Otherwise, the girl will notice immediately and lose any interest she has in you. Check it out:
- Project your chest forward when you get close to her.
- Look into her eyes.
- Remember, you are a great suitor.
- Don't make fun of yourself and don't let yourself sabotage yourself.
Step 3. Be yourself
The girl won't even get a chance to be interested if you keep trying to pretend to be what you're not. It's normal to want to "improve" on a daily basis - even to get more attention from women - but not to the point of changing your entire personality. Don't be dishonest, it doesn't impress anyone. At the end of the day, what counts is being genuine.
It's normal for a person to want to catch the attention of someone they've just met by being genuine. Still, you don't have to throw everything in the girl's face at once. Let her unravel the "mystery" little by little, how to get to know your tastes and your life as a whole
Step 4. Learn to communicate better
Good communication is important in all areas of life - not only with a girlfriend, but also in everyday life. Many boys, especially younger ones, have difficulty communicating with the opposite sex (or even with other men). Therefore, he needs to try to stand out positively to have a chance with the girl. Here are some strategies:
- Make questions. Show interest in the girl's life.
- Listen to what she says. Don't interrupt her when she's talking.
- Praise and learn to receive too.
- Learn to express what you feel at the right time.
Step 5. Give the girl a hand when needed
This doesn't mean that you have to buy her a world of presents or afford whatever she wants. Here, it's more about emotional support: listening to her outbursts, congratulating her on her achievements (however small) and so on. Once you get to know the girl better, show that you care about what happens to her, whether it's good or bad.
- Always be around, whether it's going to the girl's work presentations or sending good morning messages, to show that you think about her a lot.
- Take the girl's life goals seriously. They are just as important as yours!
Step 6. Be pleasant company
Many women are looking for a man with whom they can form true bonds, but they also want to have fun! That's why you have to be good company and give your suitor reasons to smile all the time. Don't be complaining about life or repeating the same boring things. Here are some cool tips:
- Plan a date or a meeting with her and her friends. You can make a trail, play Image & Action at someone's house and so on.
- Don't complain about the activities the girl wants to do. It doesn't hurt to try! Maybe you can discover a new hobby?
- Don't take yourself too seriously. Learn to laugh at yourself to make the girl more comfortable.
Step 7. Have good manners
Burping while eating, telling racist jokes or making fun of people is not good for anyone. Treat the girl with the same respect you would show your mother, and remember that she is not one of your "brothers" - and therefore not into the same things. On the other hand, you don't have to stand like a stone near it; just let her feel at ease in your company. For example:
- Hold the door open for her to pass.
- Be polite to others, from waiters to teachers. The girl will notice if you are rude to someone but not her.
- Having good manners is one of the best tactics to stand out from other guys (since, unfortunately, politeness is the exception to the rule). Be polite to get the girl's attention.
Step 8. Learn to be comfortable talking to women
You need to learn to "reach" women, even if you don't have a love interest in them. Practice doesn't always make perfect, but it helps a lot. Start talking and befriending some girls. This will not only lessen your nervousness, it will also help you develop an ideal interaction style for your mate. The more comfortable you are, the less you have to worry.
Be polite to all the women around you, not just the ones that pique your interest. Try to build a positive reputation
Part 2 of 2: Making the girl feel special
Step 1. Learn to praise women
You have to learn to give compliments to win the girl of your dreams. It's no use saying things like "You look hot in that dress" - comments like that are too general. Become a good observer and notice small details that make a difference. See some cool examples:
- "You know how to talk to new people very well. How do you do it?"
- "Your laugh is the best I've ever heard."
- "You know how to cheer people up. That's a talent."
Step 2. Ask questions about the girl's life
You need to show the girl that you don't see her as a mere object, but as a person who deserves attention and affection. Ask about her life, find out about her goals, and so on. Start with light themes and change as you gain intimacy. See some interesting examples of subjects:
- Her hobbies.
- Her favorite artists, television series, and books.
- Her friends.
- If she has siblings.
- What are the places she likes to visit the most.
- How was her day.
Step 3. Ask the girl's opinion
This is one more way to make the girl feel special. Don't start talking about controversial issues, as she may be a little disconcerted. Here are some examples: ask her what she thinks you should do in a given situation, what she thinks of a new artist who is rocking the music charts, if she liked your new sneakers, etc. Make her visions important.
Ask the girl's opinion to show that you don't think she's just a pretty face
Step 4. Learn to listen to what the girl says
Really listening to what the girl is saying is a shot and tumble to get closer to winning her affection. Don't interrupt her, don't try to solve her problems, or compare everything she says to your life. Demonstrate how important her expressions are in your opinion and always ask more questions about the situation and the issue at hand - leaving time for further comments.
Also remember what she says so that you can come back to the subject at other times. For example: "So, did you talk to your sister about that subject? How was it?"
Step 5. Tell the girl she is different
Show how important she is in your life. Tell her you think she's different from her friends and other girls. She might blush a little, but she'll definitely enjoy hearing it. See some alternatives:
- "You are very different from the other girls here. I like your naturalness of not trying to impress anyone."
- "You are so different from the other girls I know… Your company is nice and nice."
Step 6. Allow plenty of time for the girl
Don't pretend you're busy just to "make candy" for the girl. It's normal not to have all the time in the world for someone, but at least interact with her from time to time to get to know her a little deeper. That way, your chances will be much better.
You don't have to give up going out with your friends to be with her, but at least set aside at least a little time for some couple engagements
Step 7. Check how the girl is from time to time
Give a sign of life regularly to show the girl that you think about her even when they are apart. Don't text every five seconds, but send something like "I was thinking about you…" or "How was your aunt's birthday party?" to show that you haven't forgotten her.
- Don't give the girl the impression that you don't care for her when you're apart. Send messages or tag something and show your affection.
- Also see if she does the same for you or if all the effort to get in touch is on your part.
Step 8. Restate how much you like the girl regularly
If you've started dating or hooking up, it's even more important to show your affection for her. Don't overdo it, but at the right time say things like "I like you so much" or "I love being with you." Remember that it's not nice to smother the person with too much affection, just as it's bad to be "cold". Find a healthy balance.
Say how much you like the girl regularly, not just when you want to get something or when you're exchanging caresses. Be honest and never try to disguise your true feelings out of shame or any other reason
- Treat all women with respect, even if you don't have a love interest in them.
- Keep trying, even if it doesn't work the first time.
- Talk to other girls to find out what they expect from a suitor.
- Pay attention to details, however small, as they can be important.
- Be yourself. The girl will fall in love like this.
- Always walk well dressed and with fresh breath and be a fine example of a man.
- Do not speak with a tone of rudeness, especially with the girl you want to win. Relax and be yourself.
- Don't try to impress the girl at any cost. Be genuine and don't push if she doesn't show interest in you like that.
- Create a friendship before trying to create another kind of bond.
- It's impossible to force one person to like another, but you can at least adapt to have more chances. If it still doesn't work, move on to the next one.